Islamic Terrorism Timeline
- January 2, 1993: In Somalia, Muslim militants murdered a British UNICEF worker as he was walking home from a compound in Kismayu. The victim, Sean Devereux, was chief of UN operations in the area. He was the first relief worker killed in Somalia since troops arrived to protect food shipments late last year.
- January 3, 1993: In Israel, a Shin Bet (similar to the American FBI) agent was stabbed and bludgeoned to death with a hammer in West Jerusalem. An Arab Muslim living in Ayda who had been a Hamas contact for the agent, pleaded guilty to the murder and was sentenced to life imprisonment.
- January 3, 1993: In Israel, Hamas was responsible for planting a bomb which exploded on an Egged (civilian) bus.
- January 4, 1993: A Muslim militant in Mogadishu, Somalia escaped after attempting to shoot a UN officer in the face at pointblank range. Fortunately, his pistol misfired.
- January 5, 1993: In Egypt, two buses, one with 20 Japanese tourists on board and the other with three Germans, traveling from Luxor to Cairo was attacked by the Islamic Group outside Dayrut. The convoy, which included police escorts ahead and behind the buses, was ambushed by gunmen hiding behind the banks of a canal.
- January 7, 1993: In Egypt, al-Gama'at al-Islamiyya, or the Islamic Group, claimed responsibility for throwing an explosive device into a bus carrying German tourists to the Pyramids near Cairo.
- January 13, 1993: In Somalia, an American Marine became the first US casualty of the UN relief effort when he was murdered by a Somali sniper in a Mogadishu suburb. Another Marine was wounded in the jihadist assault.
- January 15, 1993: In Cambodia, a rocket and mortar barrage was followed by an assault rifle attack on a United Nations Transitional Authority barracks in Ang Kron. Two Cambodian women employed by UNTAC and a seven year old child were killed in the raid.
The ground assault by four ten-man teams using AK-47 rifles resulted in two UNTAC civilian policemen being injured - an Indian and a Ghanaian. A tent used to register voters for the scheduled spring elections was the ultimate target of the Marxist militants. The Khmer Rouge was responsible.
- January 15, 1993: Four Israelis were stabbed by a Palestinian Muslim from the Gaza Strip. He attacked them in Tel Aviv's central bus station. Credit for the assault was claimed by Islamic Jihad.
- January 22, 1993: A grenade thrown into a UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) compound in Somalia injured a Belgian peacekeeper. Also on this day, five UN Belgian soldiers and five police officers were injured when a grenade exploded outside police headquarters in Kismayu.
- January 1993: Sunni Muslims, Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri, held an international Islamic summit to encourage Shia Muslims, especially the terrorist organization, Hizballah, to work with them (as opposed to independently) in the pursuit of their common objective of killing Atheists, Christians, and Jews. The goal was to focus on Americans and Israelis stationed in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
- January 25, 1993: In the United States, Pakistani gunman, Mir Aimal Kasi, killed two Americans, both CIA employees, and wounded others in a religious tempest outside the CIA headquarters in Langdon, Virginia.
The Islamic gunman approached cars slowing down at the entrance of the CIA headquarters shortly before 8AM. At close range, the murdering Muslim fired into several cars with his AK-47 assault rifle. Once sufficient blood had been spilled, the jihadist escaped in a waiting car.
Kansi, a 28-year-old Pakistani Muslim, had been living in Reston, Virginia. He was born into a prominent, politically connected family of the Baluchi tribe in southwestern Pakistan, near the border with Iran. He had entered the U.S. illegally in 1991 and, if you can believe it, had applied for political asylum.
With the assistance of Afghani exiles, Mir Amal Kansi was apprehended in June 1997. He allegedly confessed to the crime during the flight aboard a military aircraft from Pakistan to Dulles. By year's end, the Pakistani Islamic terrorist was convicted and sentenced to both death and life imprisonment. He was executed in November 2002. And because killing non-Muslims is considered religious and good in Islam, the body of the martyr was greeted by millions of adoring Muslims when it arrived in Pakistan.
- January 26, 1993: A 24-year-old Cyprus-born Muslim was arrested at the Beirut airport on charges of possession of explosives. He was about to board a Middle East Airlines flight to Larnaca, in his home country.
The jihadist, working with three other Islamic students, held a stick of dynamite and a significant quantity of C-4, a military plastic explosive. One was concealed in his belt and the other in his luggage. Also found were eight sticks of dynamite hidden inside a cassette recorder which itself was contained in the Muslim's carryon baggage. But the wannabe suicide bomber wasn't the sharpest Muslim in the cesspool. No detonators were found.
- January 26, 1993: A popular liberal journalist was killed in Turkey when a bomb exploded under his car outside Istanbul. He would on occasion criticize Islamic fundamentalism in his columns for the Cumhuriyet newspaper. Of the 11 people arrested in the assassination four were Iranians and one was a Syrian Shiite.
Kurdish, Syrian, and Iranian Islamic groups claimed credit for murdering the journalist under the names Kurdish Workers Party (PKK), Islamic Liberation Organization, and Hizballah. In addition, the Turkish Great Eastern Raiders Front, an elitest Muslim mujahideen gang, also claimed responsibility.
The reason this crime was so popular is that all good Muslims know that Muhammad had every journalist who criticized him killed. So by assassinating someone with the courage, character, and compassion to be openly hostile to their religion, these Muslims were following their prophet's example.
Mumcu was the thirteenth Turkish journalists to be murdered in the past year alone. It got so bad, Turkish Interior Minister Ismet Sezgin disclosed that a second batch of 19 terrorist suspects were rounded up, and that after being interrogated (read tortured) several admitted to involvement in four previous murders.
The suspects in this round were all members of the Islamic Action Group. They told police that they had received training explosives handling and weapons, as well as in assassination techniques, in an Iranian military base outside Qom, 75 miles south of Tehran. And that would make the world's most Islamic government a state sponsor of terrorism. So I ask you, how is that possible if Islam is peace loving?
- February 1, 1993: In Afghanistan, jihadists supported by Pakistan, the most significant state sponsor of terrorism, ambushed a UN convoy on its way from Peshawar to Jalalabad. Four people were killed in the Islamic attack. They included a British worker for the UN Center for Human Settlements, a Dutch water resources expert, and two Afghan drivers. A UN High Commissioner for Refugees escaped by hiding in the bushes.
- February 2, 1993: Another UN convoy was attacked, this time in eastern Afghanistan. Six people were killed - four UN workers and two Afghanis. Even when Muslims obtain victory, as the Taliban did in Afghanistan, there is no peace. It is one of many ways Islam is like Nazism and Communism.
- February 3, 1993: In Yemen, a member of the Japanese International Cooperation Agency was kidnapped outside Sanaa.
- February 4, 1993: A bomb was thrown into an Egyptian bus carrying South Korean tourists. The victims were boarding the vehicle outside the Europa Hotel in the Giza area, near the Pyramids. Three tourists were injured. The fundamentalist religious organization al-Gama'a al-Islamiyah, the Islamic Group, claimed responsibility for the crime.
- February 9, 1993: A bus carrying German tourists from Cairo to Luxor, Egypt was attacked by Islamic Group jihadists firing assault rifles from across the Al-Ibrahimiya canal near Dayrut. The bus carrying 36 Germans was driving under a police escort.
- February 16, 1993: The Islamic Group, like their religion, was in a rut. Today, a bus carrying German tourists was ambushed near Asyut on its way to Cairo. Al-Gama'a al-Islamiyah claimed responsibility for being irresponsible.
- February 18, 1993: In Serbia, unidentified youths threw bricks through the windows of the US and German Cultural Centers in Belgrade. One of the bricks was wrapped in the message proclaiming: "Death to American Shit." There were no injuries.
If those who tossed the projectiles were Orthodox Serbian Christians, they can be excused for expressing their justifiable rage. After having Fascist Croatian Catholics slaughter 800,000 of their people in cahoots with Bosnian Muslims in the 1940s, America and Europe had come to the aid of the perpetrators.
- February 21, 1993: In Switzerland, a bioengineering plant in Zurich was bombed by an Iranian terrorist gang calling itself the "Group of Martyrs Representing Mostafa Sadeki and Ali Zadeh. The Muslims said that the plant had provided supplies of biological weapons to Iran. And since America had given Saddam Hussein his stash of chemical and biological weapons, it's hard to point a condemning finger at the Swiss without several pointing back as US.
The Group of Martyrs Representing Mostafa Sadeki and Ali Zadeh claimed responsibility for several raids on a Swiss bio-chemical plant during this time. The firm, Bioengineering AG in Zurich, had been accused (hypocritically) by government officials in the United States and Israel of providing lethal agents to Iran which were used to produce biological weapons. Equipment destroyed in the bombings included fermenters that were similar to those used in bio-weapons programs.
Suggesting that fundamentalist Islam makes Muslims incompetent, many claim that the Iranian Shia group was not responsible for these raids, and that Israeli intelligence was actually behind the attacks. They say that since bombings were carried out in both Switzerland and Germany, and with extreme precision and sophistication, Islamic terrorists could not have planned or executed them.
- February 22, 1993: In the Islamic hell hole of Somalia, an Irish nurse serving the humanitarian charity Concern was shot and killed by gunmen in Afgoi.
- February 25, 1993: In Thailand, Muslims planted a bomb exploded outside an American-run oil depot in the Songkla Province, near the border with Malaysia. The device was similar to one used to terrorize passengers riding the Hat Yai railway in August 1992. That one had been deployed by Islamic fundmentalists wearing the Pattani United Liberation Front label.
- February 26, 1993: A bomb in a Cairo café killed three and wounded 18 including two Americans.
- February 26, 1993: In the United States, the first World Trade Center bombing in New York City killed seven, including an unborn child. More than 1,000 innocent people were wounded by the blast, debris, and smoke. It was Islam's opening act on American soil, a prelude of what would come. And yet it wasn't enough to awaken the sleeping, almost comatose, giant.
The world's foremost Qur'anic scholar, the Egyptian Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, masterminded the bombing along with his disciple, fellow Muslim terrorist Ramzi Ahmed Yousef. If Islam isn't a terrorist religion, Sheikh Ar-Rahman's participation is hard to explain.
As a result of his involvement in the crime, the blind Sheikh is serving a life sentence in the U.S. medical center for federal prisoners in Springfield, Missouri. He is being kept alive by the people he was trying to kill. In addition to being poisoned by Islam, the blind cleric suffers from diabetes, hepatitis, gall stones, a liver tumor, respiratory failure, partial paralysis, artery disease, high blood pressure, the aftermath of a heart attack, and bouts of insanity.
The first Islamic bombing of the World Trade Center would cost Americans $500 million. Because the message was not heeded, and the enemy was not identified, the second Islamic bombing of the World Trade Center, would cost half a trillion dollars.
Since America is still in complete denial as to who bombed the towers and why, and is failing by lashing out at symptoms, what do you suppose the third attack on New York City will cost the ignorant nation? The answer is far more than the 3,300 American lives and $600 billion already squandered in Afghanistan and Iraq. Next time Islam strikes, America will lose New York. The city will be rendered uninhabitable by militant Muslims. And even then, Americans won't understand who is killing them, or why.
The reason America remains in the dark regarding the nature and intentions of Islam is directly related to ignorance, a lack of knowledge, and to an unwillingness, or inability, to be judgmental. We will address the first problem (at least for those who are reading this review) by providing a comprehensive analysis of Islam's opening act on American soil.
With regard to the second issue, the conditioning of Americans to view judgment as being wrong, there is nothing we can do because that battle has already been lost. Under the moral code of Socialist Secular Humanists, the Politically Correct nation is no longer discerning, no longer able to accumulate evidence, connect those things which are related, and form reasoned conclusions. The overwhelming preponderance of Americans (as well as most Westerners) have unwittingly abandoned the underpinning of choice, and thus relinquished freedom and hope. They have accepted a meticulously crafted mirage in its place. Political, religious, and academic perceptions, deceptions actually, have shaped a deadly and destructive illusion.
When a society or individual ceases to be judgmental, they cease to be civil, moral, free, productive, rational, wise, or even good. Judgment is a prerequisite for all of these things - the very underpinning of choice, conscience, creativity, and compassion. It lies at the heart of God's message to man - His universal gift.
Political correctness is Secular Humanism's replacement morality - a code designed to render Yahweh's prescriptions irrelevant. It is based upon the notion that those who pass judgment are to be condemned. Their hypocritical and irrational mantra is: "We are intolerant of intolerance." Once this poison is ingested, the undiscerning masses become pawns of the elitists. They are rendered incapable of rebelling. Moreover, the only light they are given in this dark place is that which is provided by those conditioning to accept their fate. Without a functioning moral compass, the preponderance of people not only don't know where they actually are, or how they got there, they don't even recognize reality. They don't know how dark the landscape has become or just how close they are to the end.
All of this is done so that mankind can be led away from God and be ruled by men. And those men have done such a marvelous job weaving their lies into the fabric of politics, religion, and educational systems, those who consider themselves the most moral, are the most deceived. The so-called "Moral Majority," the Christian Right, is responsible for electing the party, religion, and man who led the nation into a winless war on a bed of lies, one in which the actual foe is considered a good friend, and a tactic has been labeled a foe.
If you have not abandoned the will and ability to be judgmental, you will find what follows enlightening. At least ten Muslims associated with the Egyptian Islamic Group and the Philippine Abu Sayyaf organization, packed a rented van with explosives and then parked it in an underground lot. The Islamic jihadists, all of whom were attendees of the blind cleric's New Jersey mosque, were hoping to bring the World Trade Center towers down, killing everyone inside.
They were so demented, so polluted with Islam, their deadly cargo included a devise designed to release cyanide gas. The plan was to kill emergency response crews - fireman, policemen, and medics trying to do their jobs. Fortunately, very few Muslims are engineers. The poison gas was consumed in the blast and resulting fire.
The rented van, which was loaded with over 500 pounds of explosives (a mix of nitrate fertilizer and fuel oil), was driven into the underground parking structure of one of the towers. Upon detonation, the blast ruptured a hole in floors up to the third story and caused significant structural damage. The goal of the attack was to weaken the foundation of the tower, causing it to collapse, and then fall into the other tower.
Proving that Islam makes Muslims incompetent, six days after the bombing, police arrested Mohammad Salameh as he was trying to get the deposit back for the van he rented to carry the bomb. Winning the Darwin award, the jihadist actually called the rental agency prior to his arrival, letting them know that he was on his way. The bumbling terrorist was the product of Jordan University where he studied Islamic Law before becoming a disciple of Qur'an scholar, Sheik Omar Abdul Rahman who was the imam of his Jersey City mosque.
Also arrested was Ibrahim Elgabrowny, a cousin of El Sayyid Nosair. That Muslim had been Rabbi Kahane's assassin - the founder of the Jewish Defense League. Islam is as Islam does.
Other fundamentalist Muslims indicted for their role in the blast which injured 1,040 Americans included Nidal Ayyad, Mahmud Abouhalima, Bilal Alkaisi, Muhammad Ahmed Ajaj, and Ramzi Ahmed Yousef. They called themselves "the Liberation Army Fifth Battalion" in a letter sent to the New York Times in which they claimed "credit" for having built, delivered, and detonated the bomb. In their press release, Allah's anti-Semites called for the termination of U.S. relations with Israel and an end to American involvement in Middle Eastern (read Muslim) affairs.
The Liberation Army Fifth Battalion was merely a name chosen by Ramzi Yousef for Sheikh Rahman's gang. It was never an actual jihadist organization. These bad boys were just good Muslims.
Every participant in the attack was a Muslim - as were those who brought the buildings down less than a decade later. Some were connected. Ramzi Yousef's uncle, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, was a high-ranking al-Qaeda member who has been blamed for planning many attacks, including the September 11th, 2001 hijackings and suicide bombings. And Sheikh Omar Rahman was the founder of al-Gama'a al Islamiyya (the Islamic Group) - the largest Egyptian terrorist organization. Each of the 2/26/93 terrorists were members of this religious club.
Since it's considered unconstitutional in America to restrict the public display of any religion other than Christianity, Ramzi Ahmed Yousef was accused of being the inspiration behind the bombing, rather than the Islamic cleric Sheikh Rahman. That is not to say that Ramzi wasn't instrumental in the attack, but only that Yousef worked for the religious leader, not the other way around. Both were convicted.
After his trial, Ramzi Ahmed Yousef was sentenced to life plus 240 years in prison in January 1998. In an insult to our sense of value, he was also fined $4.5 million for restitution. At his sentencing, the good Muslim said: "I am a terrorist and I am proud of it." Islam was the reason.
Ramzi, Omar, Mohammad Salameh, Ibrahim, Nidal, Mahmud, Bilal, and Muhammad Ahmed were found guilty not only of actually bombing the World Trade Center but of planning to bomb a half-dozen other New York City targets - including the Holland Tunnel and the United Nations.
Unknown to most Americans, the court convicted these same Muslim men of having conspired to use liquid explosives hidden in beverage and personal care products, and detonators hidden in consumer electronic devices, to simultaneously kill everyone aboard 10 to 12 jumbo jets as they flew transcontinental flights across the Pacific and Atlantic. Their Philippine-based scheme, dusted off by some Muslims in London, is the reason air passengers are inconvenienced today, and no longer able to pack beverages or cosmetics in their carryon baggage.
But there is much more to this story. Along with the computer files detailing this deadly plan, Philippine investigators discovered another diabolical airborne scheme. It called for jihadists to hijack American aircraft and fly those planes into symbolic targets. Specifically listed among the buildings they hoped to bring down was the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the White House. Sound familiar? And since this was found in late 1994 and early 1995, years before 9/11/2001, and since the Islamic perpetrators had proven they were serious, why do you suppose America did nothing to stop the next bombing? More interesting still, why hasn't the U.S. government admitted to knowing the specific details surrounding 9/11, and instead of having claimed that there was no way to predict it?
The upcoming destruction of the World Trade Towers wasn't a secret. When Ramzi Yousef was flown via helicopter from the courthouse after his conviction to prison, his blindfold was removed by an FBI agent who said, "See, they still stand." Yousef replied: "Not for long." Because this is important, we will return to the evidence behind this stunning revelation before we leave the scene of this crime.
As a good Muslim, Ramzi Ahmed Yousef was proud of what he had done and what others like him would do. He confessed at his trial that his goal was to kill 250,000 Americans. He said: "Our calculations were not very accurate this time. However we promise you that next time it will be very precise and the Trade Center will be one of our targets."
America, however, thanks in large part to its lying politicians, deceitful professors, disingenuous clerics, and misleading media, did not, and does not, know who Yousef meant by "our." As a direct result, the number of Americans "they" will murder and mutilate would continue to rise from tens, to hundreds, to thousands, to millions.
In hindsight, some read "al-Qaeda" into Ramzi Yousef's threat. But at this time, al-Qaeda had yet to kill a single American or Jew. In the world of Islamic terrorism, al-Qaeda was known only to the mujahideen engaged in the Afghanistan-based Great Jihad, to the genocidal Islamic regime slaughtering Africans in the Sudan, and to their American and Pakistani patrons, the CIA and ISI. Ramzi meant "Muslims" when he used "our" and "we."
On the subject of al-Qaeda, there is more you should know. Sheikh Rahman was not only the founder of Egypt's most popular terrorist club, Gama'at al-Islamiyya, the Qur'an scholar had also been appointed the spiritual leader of Egyptian Islamic Jihad, the core of the Islamic terrorist consortium of mujahideen groups in Afghanistan and Pakistan that spawned al-Qaeda. As you may recall from our October 1981 review of Sadat's assassination, Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, Ar-Rahman's associate in al-Jihad at the time, co-founded MAK, the forerunner of al-Qaeda using a lavish allowance from the American CIA. What you don't yet know is how Jimmy Carter's beneficiaries would go on to aid and abet the 9-11-2001 terrorist bombing of the same building or how Carter and his associates started the Afghan war which left 1.3 million people dead. While the 9/11/2001 plot was conceived and staffed in the al-Kod mosque in Hamburg, Germany, it was principally funded by fundamentalist Muslims associated with the Pakistani government - the conduit through which Jimmy Carter funneled billions of dollars to al-Qaeda.
Here is that story. The Maktab al-Khadamat, or MAK, was a joint venture with the Pakistani government by way of their Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and Saudi Arabia with their OPEC funding and Wahhabi inspiration. Of this alliance from hell, the leader of the British House of Commons correctly wrote: "Bin Laden was a product of monumental miscalculation by western security agencies." He was right. And since this "monumental miscalculation" has obliterated 7,000 American lives in the last ten years, you deserve to know who was responsible.
The policy to equip Islamic fundamentalists was crafted by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) leader, Zbigniew Brzezinski. At the time he was President Jimmy Carter's mentor and National Security Advisor. It had been a reward as Brzezinski had planned Carter's rise from obscure peanut farmer to incompetent, anti-Semitic president. Once empowered, and years before the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, Zbigniew Brzezinski conceived, sold, and implemented the plan to lure them in, creating a Russian Vietnam by way of Islamic fundamentalists.
Under Jimmy Carter's authority, the American CIA covertly funneled $250 million a year in cash and weaponry to Maktab al-Khadamat, al-Qaeda al-Sudah, and Taliban jihadists. The total to Osama bin Laden's associates ultimately climbed to well over a billion dollars. And overall U.S. military aid to Muslim militants in Afghanistan, including the Taliban, exceeded $5 billion. Not only was the Pakistani Taliban the most substantial recipient of CIA weaponry, their Foreign Affairs Minister, the man who was responsible for the Taliban's dealings with the ISI and CIA was Hamid Karzai - George Bush's appointed Prime Minister of Afghanistan.
A little background here is in order because the facts are, America was instrumental in creating both the Taliban and al-Qaeda. In July of 1979 when Zia was dictator over Pakistan, he worked with the U.S to arm fundamentalist Muslims to fight against the Soviet-backed government in Afghanistan. The Soviets, who supported the Marxist-Muslim regime in Kabul, did not invade until late December - six months later.
This fact was not known at the time and has only come to light recently as CFR, CIA, and NSA officials have jumped up to claim their credit for helping to tear down the Soviet Union. Robert Gates, a former director of the CIA, and now Bush's Secretary of Defense, confessed as much in his memoirs entitled From the Shadows.
But even more revealing is an interview in the French Le Nouvel Observateur in 1998. It was conducted with former American National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter, Zbigniew Brzezinski. He said: "According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahideen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet Army invaded Afghanistan, on December 24th, 1979. But the reality, closely guarded until now, is completely otherwise. Indeed, it was July 3rd, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the President in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention."
This is a stunning confession, especially since America vilified the Soviet Union for being the aggressor in Afghanistan. Jimmy Carter scoffed at their "lies" when the Soviets claimed they were trying to fight against "the secret involvement of foreign influences in Afghanistan." It was all so hypocritical. The holier-than-thou Jimmy Carter boycotted the 1980 Olympics in protest of the Soviet Union's incursion. He set into motion an international anti-Soviet propaganda machine condemning them as aggressors and a threat to world peace, when he himself was the instigator - the man who started a war that killed nearly 15,000 Russians, 7,000 Americans, 1.3 million Afghanis, and as many as six-million additional people worldwide since that time.
When Council on Foreign Relation's head and National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, was asked if he regretted pulling off such a massive and deadly deception against the world, he replied, "Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter, in substance: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam War. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire."
While this was a contributing factor to the demise of the USSR, America's support of the Soviet Union in World War II under somewhat similar pretenses, established the beast in the first place. In other words, when a nation deploys the strategy of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, they manufacture their next foe - and all too often they create a much bigger mess. And that is the legacy of Jimmy Carter, Zbigniew Brzezinski, the CFR and their ilk.
Brzezinski capped off his amazing confession with a callous disregard for the consequences of aiding and abetting Islamic fundamentalists. He asked: "What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Muslims, or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the Cold War?"
The interviewer, even in the pre-9/11 context of 1998, and being a member of the politically correct, Islam-tolerant French media, threw back, "Some stirred-up Moslems? It has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today." Brzezinski, angered at his interviewer's attempt to hold him accountable for his actions, responded, "Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn't a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western, or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries."
I'd like to see him tell that same story to the thousands of American families who have lost loved ones to Islam in Israel, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, the Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Kuwait, the Philippines, Indonesia, India, Kenya, Tanzania, Libya, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt. Or to the 3,000 American families who lost loved ones to Islam in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania on September 11th, 2001. Or to the 3,000 American families who have lost loved ones to Islam in the War of Terrorism since that time in Afghanistan and Iraq. The investment of $5 billion used to fund fundamentalist Muslims to fight the Soviets pales in comparison to the $550 billion the nation has had to spend undoing that damage in the past four years.
Brzezinski's ignorance of Islam, and his errant comparison of it to Christianity in the West, set the stage for an onslaught of Islamic terrorism that has engulfed the world in fear, enslaved a billion lives with its oppression, and killed 6 million people in thirty-five years. The enemy that he funded is now on the path of nuclear annihilation with America being the prime target. The U.S. had once again manufactured a more lethal enemy than it eliminated. It matters not if the White House occupant is Republican or Democrat. They are all Satan's little helpers and scheming scumbags.
The nature of al-Qaeda changed dramatically after Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990. Osama bin Laden, who was like a son to the Saud family, negotiated for the right to defend the holy Islamic lands from the secular infidel Saddam Hussein. Fresh off of his victory over the Soviet Union, he promised tens of thousands of armed mujahideen, all amply equipped with American weapons. But he was rebuffed by the Saudi OPECers in favor of George H.W. Bush who had also applied for the job for personal reasons. A former ally, Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda, were now foes.
The American weapon's test would turn out to be among the costliest victories in American history. As a direct result of being rebuked, Osama bin Laden renounced his government and condemned its dependency upon the United States. He demanded the closure of all American bases in Saudi Arabia and the complete withdrawal of the U.S. military - a demand that America has now met. He then issued his most famous fatwah. Following in the footsteps of his prophet and his mentor, bin Laden called for the Muslim world to rise up and kill Americans - anywhere and everywhere.
Most Americans are ignorant of these astonishing facts. Had America not initiated and financed the Afghan War, al-Qaeda would never have existed. Then, had America not deployed its troops to liberate one OPECer from another during Operation Desert Storm, 9/11 would not have occurred. Furthermore, after saving the Wahhabists from the secular Iraqis, and after investing another $5 billion in American military facilities in Saudi Arabia, the United States cut and ran. Not only are there no longer any American bases or troops in the Saud fiefdom, the oil-drenched royalty would not allow America to use its soil for the reinvasion of Iraq following 9/11. The simple truth is the United States and the rest of the non-Islamic world would have been better off with secular Iraqis controlling the fundamentally Islamic Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and with Soviet influence in Afghanistan and in the Caucasus.
But all that was undone. The flood of American troops into Saudi Arabia in 1991 revolted OBL and his Islamic associates to the point of rage. This led to Osama's intense hatred of his former ally, America, and to the undermining of the Saud fiefdom in Arabia - pushing them to be ever more repressive and Islamic to survive. Bin Laden then used America's presence in Arabia, and the "crusaders" attack on Iraq, to inflame anti-American sentiment among Muslim militants worldwide.
Bin Laden's criticisms of the Saud warlords got him expelled to the Sudan. There, the rejected boy pouted and then plotted his revenge: 9/11. Funded by donations through Islamic charitable fronts such as Benevolence International and Khalid bin Mahfouz's Muwaffaq Foundation, meaning "Blessed Relief," Osama and his brother-in-law, Muhammad Jamal Khalifa, reestablished their mujahideen operations in the Sudan. Their farms, on land confiscated from native Africans, were used to disseminate Salafi-fundamentalist Islam, to train Muslim militants, and to recruit jihadists from mosques in the Philippines, Indonesia, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan, Lebanon, the Palestinian territories, Saudi Arabia, Germany, England, and the United States.
So that we understand the environment in which he flourished, Arab Muslims in the Sudan, before, during, and after OBL's tenure there, conducted the most horrific genocide since the Holocaust - killing 2.7 million non-Muslim Africans in 20 years. Many of the murderers were corrupted on bin Laden's farms in the Sudan, although to be fair, bin Laden was a late arrival to this party.
Osama bin Laden's terrorist activities included training in the Qur'an and the use of explosives. He was supported by the Muslim warlord, Dr. Hassan AbdAllah al-Turabi - the head of the National Islamic Front, and Sudanese dictator. As is true with most of the Islamic world, terror is state sponsored, the official business of Islam. Al-Turabi established Sharia law in the Sudan which made any religion other than Islam illegal. During this time, bin Laden and his Islamic pals began planning and executing a series of attacks. These include the murders of U.S. troops in Riyadh and Dahran, Saudi Arabia as well as the murderous bombings of American Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. And all of this killing is interrelated because Islam is at the center of it all. It was there in 1993 and again in 2001.
Since the story of Sheikh Umar Abd al-Rahman (also transliterated Omar Abdel Rahman) was detailed on October 2, 1992 when his al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group) hijacked a cruise ship on the Nile, we won't cover it again here. Suffice it to say for now, after being exonerated in an Islamic court of orchestrating the murder of Anwar Sadat (not because he didn't do it but because in Islam the assassination wasn't a crime), the spiritual leader of Sunni jihadists plotting to destroy America in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Sudan, entered the United States on a visa granted by the U.S. Embassy in Khartoum.
That brings us to Ramzi Yousef, Rahman's agent, disciple, and coconspirator. His story dots the landscape of Islamic Terror Timeline so it behooves us to jump back and ahead in the chronology and bring his resume together for your consternation and enlightenment. If you are an American, you are not going to like what follows any more than what has just been revealed. We are sharing all of this with you because the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center was a signpost on the road to Islamic conquest and should have served as a wake up call.
Born in 1968 in Fahaeel, Kuwait to a family of mixed Pakistani and Palestinian heritage, Ramzi Yousef is married and has two daughters. In early 1991, Yousef joined up with the ruthless Abu Sayyaf jihadist organization in the Philippines. He wanted Abu Sayyaf's spiritual leader, Abu Bakr Janjalani to use the Philippines as "a launching pad" for a worldwide terrorist campaign. During his meeting with Abu Bakr, Yousef presented himself as a member of the Executive Committee of the International Islamic Brigade, an organization that recruited jihadists for the Great Jihad being waged in Afghanistan. He claimed to have come to the Philippines representing Abdel Rahman, the spiritual leader of the Pakistani and American-backed mujahideen. Flush with American capital, Ramzi offered Janjalani's Abu Sayyaf considerable financial and logistical support.
Between prostration prayers to Allah, Janjalani and Yousef agreed to cooperate on a series of bombings and to coordinate attacks on the same day to show Muslim unity. Yousef suggested Janjalani bomb Manila's Airport in the Philippines, while "he would be the one to bomb buildings in the United States." Both men were true to their word. Ramzi not only bombed the World Trade Center, he was the author and facilitator of the Oklahoma City Murrah Federal Building attack.
To carry out these missions, Yousef entered the United States and moved into an apartment in Jersey City next to the mosque in which Omar Abdel Rahman, the blind cleric and Qur'an scholar, was prayer leader, or imam. He was joined in the apartment by an American-born Muslim, Abdul Rahman Yasin, and by a Palestinian Muslim, Muhammad Salameh. Yasin had used America's invasion of Iraq to flee Baghdad. Salameh capitalized on America's ignorance of the so-called Palestinians and their unworthy status.
Ramzi Yousef bought most of the materials used to make the bomb used in the 2-26-93 attack. Later that day, hours after delivering the bomb, Allah's little helper left New York on a flight for Karachi, Pakistan. Then, just two days after the World Trade Center attack, a bomb went off at the Zamboanga International Airport in Manila, further confirming the Abu Sayyaf connection.
Back in Pakistan (meaning the Land of Pure Islam), Yousef continued to promote international Islamic jihad. He lived comfortably in Karachi, linking up with a variety of Islamic political and religious groups including the fundamentalist Sapha-i-Sahaba. Pakistan is the world's leading manufacturer of terrorists so it should be no surprise that the Kuwaiti Yousef called Pakistan home, or that the Taliban and al-Qaeda do as well.
Free to travel, the globe trotting Yousef returned to the Philippines in early 1994 to work on his plans to blow up the Oklahoma City Federal building, to test his scheme to blow up a dozen intercontinental airliners in flight, and to further his plot to use civilian aircraft as suicide bombers.
However, the second attack coordinated in the Philippines between Ramzi Yousef and the Abu Sayyaf group failed. In March 1994, they had schemed to blow up the Israeli Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand with an ammonium nitrate fuel oil bomb. Unable to drive, the bomb delivery team crashed the truck carrying the bomb en route. The Muslim driver was found dead, floating in a mess of fertilizer and crude. It isn't a coincidence that many of the same people would use their hatred of Jews, the same combustible materials, and the same delivery strategy to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City the following year.
While living the good life in Pakistan, Yousef was implicated in the June 1994 bombing of a Shiite religious shrine in Mashad, Iran. That blast killed 26 Shia Muslims and injured 170 more. There was considerable evidence that the Abu Sayyaf Group was also involved.
A few months later, Yousef began plotting the assassination of Pakistani Prime Minister Bhutto. His issue with the elected leader was that he was soft on Islamic terrorism and was shortchanging jihadist groups financed by the ISI. In fact it was for this very reason that General Musharaf eventually deposed Bhutto. But on this day, in the summer of 1994, Ramzi's plan blew up in his face when a bomb he was making in a Karachi apartment detonated prematurely. Between July 23rd and August 6th, Yousef, who was as famous as any Islamic terrorist alive, was treated in and released from two Pakistani hospitals. He sustained eye damage and has scars on his fingers. Allergic to the truth, or perhaps just infatuated with killing, the good Muslim claimed to have received his injuries while training Bosnian Muslims bound for Croatia to kill Serbian Christians.
In September 1994, Ramzi Yousef and his Abu Sayyaf associates tried a second time to assassinate Pakistani Prime Minister Bhutto, allegedly because he was deemed insufficiently Islamic.
Then on December 11, 1994, while aboard a Tokyo-bound Philippines Airlines flight, Yousef assembled a bomb composed of liquids he had disguised in cosmetic containers and placed under his own seat. The explosive combination of diluted nitroglycerine (which was carried aboard in a contact lens cleaner bottle) and a wristwatch timer, was part of a "feasibility study" for other similar bombings being planned on a much larger scale. After flying from Manila to Cebu, Yousef got off the plane, leaving the explosive device under seat 26-K. When his liquid bomb went off, it killed the Japanese businessman sitting there and injured 10 other passengers. The plane managed to make a safe emergency landing in Okinawa.
Ramzi hadn't used a sufficient amount of liquid explosives to blow the aircraft out of the sky. His calculations had been errant once again. However, that was not the end of this story. An alleged reenactment of his plan more than a decade later in London, keeps all airline passengers from carrying beverages and cosmetics aboard commercial airliners. It would have been easier and safer to ban Muslims.
The Abu Sayyat Group and Ramzi Yousef carried out the attack as a "practice run" for their Bojinka plot, which was designed to blow up 10 to 12 jumbo jets as they crossed the Pacific and Atlantic en route to America.
Yousef's Islamic connections in NYC, along with the fact that a similar explosion from the exact same position brought down TWA flight 800 on July 17, 1996, killing all 230 aboard, has caused many to see these events as related.
A few days later, in January 1995, investigators in the Philippines uncovered a plot to assassinate Pope John Paul II during his planned visit to Manila later this month. These Muslim misfits, working with Ramzi Yousef and Abu Sayyaf were also shown to be working on the implementation of their plan to create undetectable liquid bombs which, larger than the one used by Yousef the previous year, would be smuggled onto a dozen U.S. jumbo jets en route from the Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia to the United States. They wanted to blow them all up in a coordinated attack over the ocean so all would die and no evidence would ever be found.
The Philippine investigators also learned that these same Muslims who were also involved in the first World Trade Center and Oklahoma Federal Building bombings, were actively engaged in the business of providing flight training for Muslim pilots in American flight schools. The purpose was to hijack passenger airliners and then fly them into strategic American targets, turning the civilian planes into suicide bombers. Among their targets was the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, the Pentagon, the White House, the World Trade Center in New York, the Sears Tower in Chicago, the Transamerica building in San Francisco, and an undisclosed U.S. nuclear facility. The Philippine government gave all of this information to the American State Department and CIA. The 9/11/2001 attack was not a surprise to them.
On February 7, 1995, the two-year hunt for Yousef ended at a guesthouse in Islamabad, Pakistan. After two assassination attempts he had worn out his welcome. Yousef was betrayed by a South African Muslim student, Ishtiaq Parker, who hoped to collect part of the $2 million reward offered by the FBI for information leading to his capture.
On March 8, 1995 Sunni Muslims in Pakistan killed two U.S. diplomats and injured a third, in an attack on a van taking them to work at the U.S. Consulate in Karachi. The Muslim militants, working for the Abu Sayyaf Group, said through their press agency that it was in revenge for the World Trade Center bombing arrests. Since Ramzi Yousef and his truck-bombing pals were good Muslims following Allah's orders and Muhammad's example, they were heroes, not villains. Crime was a matter of perspective.
Then on April 19th, 1995, in a terrorist plot American politicians don't want linked to Islam, but is, a truck bomb outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City killed 168 people (19 of whom are children) and injured 600 others. The inspiration, strategy, financing, staffing and technical support came from Muslims in the Philippines with links to Pakistan, Iraq, and Egypt - and most especially Ramzi Yousef, Sheikh Rahman, and Abu Sayyaf leader Abu Bakr Janjalani. The reason for this marriage of neo-fascists with jihadists is that Nazism and Islam apart from time and place are indistinguishable doctrines.
If you are interested in learning just how similar Hitler's Mein Kampf rant is to Muhammad's Qur'anic recital, you'll find 77 pages of Prophet of Doom dedicated to a side-by-side comparison of these texts. Turn to pages 195-196 of the "Demented Deity," chapter pages 388-402 of "Mein Kampf," pages 476-492 of "Islam's Holocaust," pages 545-560 of "Blood & Booty," and pages 658-670 of "Profitable Prophet Plan" for a comprehensive review of these anti-Semitic terrorist dogmas. Or, just click the Mein Kampf link in the Resources section of the site.
In the early 1990s, Terry Nichols, a neo-Nazi, attended a Muslim militant meeting on the predominantly Islamic island of Mindanao, in the Philippines. As we have seen, and shall continue to witness, the Philippines was now a hotbed of fundamentalist Islamic activities. Terrorists, Ramzi Yousef, Abdul Hakim Murad, and Wali Khan Amin Shah, were all present at the meeting. The purpose of the session was to provide training in the making and handling bombs sizable enough to destroy large buildings like the World Trade Center in New York City and the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
While we know that all the documents Sandy Burger, Clinton's National Security Advisor, stole from the National Archives, covered issues critical of the administrations handling of Islamic terrorism, I am one of many who believe that FBI reports detailing the meeting between Nichols and Yousef were among the hundreds of classified forms he stuffed into his socks and down his pants. Clinton and Reno were all too happy to blame the Oklahoma City bombing on right-wing wackos. The fact it was perpetrated by Muslims, and tied directly to the first and second bombings of the World Trade Center, made them look like they were sleeping on the job. This remains the only rational explanation of Sandy "Burglar's" illegal escapade.
Iraq expert, Dr. Laurie Mylroie, author of The War Against America, and a consultant to the McVeigh defense team, told Insight Magazine that "the connection between Terry Nichols, the Philippines, and Ramzi Yousef, the man responsible for the first World trade Center bombing, was a very important part of the puzzle that the FBI knew about but did not pursue because the Clinton administration didn't like where that would lead them." Dr. Mylroie's book marshals convincing evidence that Ramzi Yousef was acting as an agent for Saddam Hussein as he tried to seek revenge for Americans ousting him from Kuwait. The truth is that he was working for Omar Rahman and Abu Sayyaf, but at least Dr. Mylroie was close.
The foreword to The War Against America was penned by former CIA Director James Woolsey, just two weeks after the September 11th attacks. In that piece and other articles since the Murrah Federal Building bombing, Woolsey has expressed his support for her thesis. He scorches the Clinton administration (under which he served) for an unwillingness to look at the evidence of Islamic state sponsorship of these acts.
Jayna Davis, an investigative reporter for the Oklahoma City NBC affiliate, KFOR-TV, interviewed eyewitnesses who had seen individuals identified as being of Middle Eastern extraction speeding away from the Murrah Building in a pickup truck immediately before the blast. Her investigative reports pointed to an Iraqi refugee, a former Republican Guard, who was living in Oklahoma City. He had come to the U.S. under a controversial Clinton program that had brought several thousand Iraqis here for resettlement without screening or security checks to weed out terrorists posing as students. Jayna Davis also located credible witnesses who placed this Iraqi in the company of Timothy McVeigh in the days prior to the bombing.
KFOR aired several stories with video footage of the Islamic bombing suspect, but digitally blurred his face and did not identify him by name. They called him John Doe No. 2, and presented considerable evidence pointing to his involvement in the crime. They asked why federal authorities were completely uninterested in questioning him or looking at the evidence.
Rather than looking objectively at Jayna Davis' or Dr. Laurie Mylroie's research, the national media adopted the Bill Clinton-Janet Reno thesis that the bombing was a domestic "right-wing" attack. While it suited them politically, a careful review of the evidence these investigations uncovered, will convince all but the jaundiced that Islam was at the very least, a co-conspirator. In fact, without Yousef's fuel and aluminum nitrate bomb making instructions, Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh could never have built their exploding truck. In their previous attempts, which they videotaped, they hadn't been able to blow up a trash can.
In September 1996, Yousef was convicted of conspiracy to bomb 11 U.S. jumbo jets over the Pacific Ocean. He received a mandatory life sentence. Yousef was later convicted for his involvement in the 2/26/1993 World Trade Center bombing, and he received a sentence of 240 years in prison without the possibility of parole.
Before we leave the scene of the crime, the foreshadowing of what would come compels us to share some of what we know about Ramzi Yousef's and Sheikh Rahman's accomplices in the February 1993 World Trade Center bombing. First among them was Mahmud Abouhalima. He was born 1959 in Kafr al-Dawar, Egypt, the first of four sons to a mill foreman. As a teenager Abouhalima joined the Islamic Group, Omar Adel Rahman's al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya.
Mahmud Abouhalima entered Alexandria University to study Islamic education, but he dropped out in 1981 and left Egypt. In September of that year, he was granted a visa to visit Germany as a tourist. Upon arriving in Munich, Abouhalima sought political asylum, claiming that he faced persecution in Egypt because of his membership in the Muslim Brotherhood - the forefather of Gama'a Islamiyya. He was in essence saying that he was such a good, and thus jihadist, Muslim, even Egypt thought he was too indoctrinated and violent to live peacefully. While in Munich, Abouhalima stayed at the Islamic Center, which was located in a suburb on the city's north side.
In October 1982, Mahmud Abouhalima's request for asylum was denied. It wasn't because Germany had anything against fundamentalist, and thus jihadist Islam, but that they didn't want to offend Egypt which was a significant consumer of German wares. In an effort to remain in Germany, the scheming jihadist proposed to a 34-year-old German nurse named Renate Soika who had a history of alcoholism and psychiatric problems. They were married at the city hall in December, enabling Abouhalima to remain in the country. They divorced in February 1985, but before his divorce to Soika was finalized, Abouhalima had already married a 21-year-old German woman named Marianne Weber in a Muslim ceremony at the Islamic Center.
In the fall of 1985, Abouhalima and Weber flew to the United States for a three-week visit. They settled in Brooklyn and never returned to Germany. Six months after arriving in America, Abouhalima's tourist visa expired. However, Congress had just authorized an amnesty plan for more than one million illegal aliens. Mahmud Abouhalima applied for amnesty in 1986, receiving temporary legal residence in 1988. The Islamic terrorist became a permanent resident two years later.
After receiving a Green Card in 1986, Abouhalima earned a chauffeur's license and proceeded to drive taxicabs in New York City. His license was suspended ten times in five years for failing to respond to summonses for traffic violations. He regularly ran red lights, drove without a license, and neglected to have his car registered or inspected. Once, he was found guilty of driving with broken meter seals, evidence he had attempted to overcharge his patrons. Islam is consistent if nothing else. And the moral of the story is: never trust a Muslim.
In his free time, Mahmud Abouhalima worked for a Brooklyn tax exempt charity that raised money for Muslim Mujahideen. He personally recruited hundreds of young American Muslims to join the fight. Starting in late 1988, Abouhalima even took several trips to Pakistan, where he was trained as a terrorist in Peshawar. When he last returned from Pakistan in July 1990, Mahmud Abouhalima was wearing combat fatigues and army boots.
When Sheik Omar Rahman arrived in the United States in 1990, Abouhalima began serving as his bodyguard and driver. Mahmud's spiritual life revolved around two mosques in Muslim neighborhoods: Abu Bakr in Brooklyn and al-Salam in Jersey City, where the blind Islamic cleric and Qur'an scholar delivered his hateful diatribes against secularism generally, and America specifically.
On March 5th, 1993, just one week after the bomb ripped through the World Trade Center, Abouhalima fled the United States, making his way to the friendly confines of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. As a Rahman devotee, the jihadist then made the mistake of returning to his hometown in Egypt, where he was promptly captured by Egyptian authorities. Upon confessing his involvement in the WTC bombing, Allah's apprentice was flown back to the United States to stand trial.
In March 1994, Mahmud Abouhalima and three co-defendants were convicted in all counts of conspiracy, explosives charges, and assault for the World Trade Center bombing. He received a sentence of 240 years in prison with no possibility of parole.
Moving on to Nidal Ayyad, we learn that he was also born in Kuwait to Palestinian parents. Once again, the Kuwaiti educational system had manufactured an Islamic terrorist. Ayyad emigrated to the United States in October 1985 and began studying at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Surprisingly for a Muslim, but not for a terrorist, Ayyad majored in chemical and biochemical engineering and graduated in January 1991. Two months later in March, he became a U.S. citizen. Ayyad was married in Amman, Jordan in 1992.
Nidal Ayyad was employed as a research engineer for Allied Signal in Morristown, New Jersey. He worked with chemicals used in pharmaceuticals and solvents. According to investigators, Ayyad shared a bank account with Mohammed Salameh, a co-conspirator in the World Trade Center attack in 1993. At least $8,000 was transferred by wire from Europe into the joint bank account, which was later withdrawn by Salameh to help offset the cost of the bombing. Ayyad accompanied Salameh on February 23rd, the day he rented a yellow Ryder van that these murdering Muslims filled with 500 pounds of explosive materials. Together, they drove the bomb into a sub-basement of the World Trade Center and set the timer.
Mohammed Salameh had Nidal Ayyad's business card in his pocket when he was arrested. Additionally, Mohammed telephoned Nidal four times the day before the February 26th bombing from the public storage locker where the explosive chemicals were mixed.
In March 1994, Nidal Ayyad was convicted on all counts of conspiracy, explosives charges, and assault for the World Trade Center bombing. He received a sentence of 240 years in prison with no possibility of parole and was sent to a maximum-security U.S. penitentiary in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.
Ayyad is also alleged to have ties to El Sayyid Nosair, who was acquitted in the trial for the 1990 assassination of Israeli Rabbi Meir Kahane in Manhattan, but was later convicted of related charges by a jury which didn't capitulate under Islamic threats.
The next Muslim in our parade is Mohammed Salameh. He was born in Amman, Jordan to Palestinian parents in 1968. He attempted to study Islamic law and then engineering, but dropped out of Jordan University before completing his studies.
In 1988, after several years of being unemployed in Amman, Salameh moved to the United States. Mohammed entered the U.S. on a tourist visa and therefore became an illegal alien when it expired. He lived in Jersey City, New Jersey with six other Muslims in an immigrant district known as "Egyptian City" across the Hudson River from New York.
On March 4, 1993 Salameh was arrested in connection with the World Trade Center bombing. He was accused of renting the van that carried the explosives. Salameh provided the key to cracking the case after he returned to the Ryder dealership in Jersey City to demand a refund of his deposit on the vehicle that he had previously reported stolen. Investigators found sufficient vehicle fragments at the scene of the crime with identification numbers matching the one Salameh had rented, confirming his involvement. After his rental papers tested positive for chemical nitrates, the case against Allah's boys became irrefutable. In March 1994, Salameh was sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole.
Moving on to Abdul Rahman Yasin, he was born in April 1960 in Bloomington, Indiana. His father was a graduate student at the University of Indiana. After spending much of his youth in Iraq, Yasin returned to the United States in the early 1990s to live with his mother and brother in Jersey City. There, he met Ramzi Yousef, who recruited Yasin. Abdul helped mix the chemicals used in the blast, at one point severely burning his leg. And it should be noted, the mix of nitrates and fuel oil were identical to that used by Yousef in his attempt to blow up the Israeli Embassy in Thailand and the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
Yasin lived with several other World Trade Center conspirators at the 34 Kensington Avenue apartment in Jersey City. The FBI initially detained Yasin after the attack and then released him. After they realized their mistake, the FBI placed Abdul Yasin on the list of Most Wanted terrorists. However, Abdul Rahman Yasin had already fled the country. On the evening of March 5th, Yasin departed the United States on a Royal Jordanian Airlines flight.
A reporter for ABC News is said to have spotted Yasin in Baghdad in 1994 which isn't surprising since he had family there. Documents recovered from Iraq indicate that Yasin not only received safe haven but may also have worked for the Ba'athist regime in the years following the first World Trade Center bombing.
In an interview with the CBS News program 60 Minutes in June 2002, Abdul Yasin admitted his involvement in the World Trade Center bombing and expressed regret for what he had done. While he said he was sorry for what happened, Abdul Rahman Yasin was unwilling to turn himself in and is still at large, living as a hero in lands corrupted by Islam. Like his religion, he was a sorry soul. And like his religion, he has not yet been held accountable.
- February 26, 1993: A bomb exploded in a Cairo cafe killing a Swede, Turk, Somali and Egyptian citizen. The blast injured 20 people including two Americans, a Somali, a Canadian, two Frenchmen, and three Palestinians. The homemade timing device was hidden in a jacket which was then left hanging on a chair. It triggered two sticks of dynamite. The style and construction of the bomb was similar to those used by Muslim fundamentalists attacking tourists throughout Egypt. Five members of Ayman al Zawahiri's al-Jihad Organization were arrested in connection with the crime. Also indicted was Khalid Harun, a Sudanese Muslim.
- March 1, 1993: In Israel, Palestinian Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the stabbing death of two Jews in Tel Aviv. Seven other Israelis were wounded by the Muslim murderer.
- March 3, 1993: Two Chechen Muslims were assassinated in London. The diplomats may have been killed by agents of the Russian security forces for their role in promoting terrorism.
- March 3, 1993: An Israeli security guard was stabbed by a Palestinian woman in East Jerusalem. At least Islamic women are free to do some things.
- March 7, 1993: The Turkish Consulate in Hamburg, Germany was firebombed and vandalized by a group of 15 Kurdish Muslims.
- March 7, 1993: In Lebanon, the PFLP-GC (Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command (which is none of the things it claims to be)) kidnapped and then executed an Israeli soldier. Their justification for killing the Jew was in retaliation of Israel not allowing Palestinian deportees to return to the West Bank. And I'm certain that more murders will convince them that more Muslims is just what they need.
- March 10, 1993: In Yemen, a bomb exploded outside the British Embassy in Sanaa.
- March 10, 1993: A UN resolution condemned Iran for sponsoring terrorist attacks on its opponents in Asia and Africa. There were no sanctions attached to the admonition.
- March 11, 1993: Dynamite was thrown into the Kuwaiti Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon. Two groups claimed responsibility: the Revolutionary Outburst Movement (Harakat al-Intilaqah al-Thawriyah) and the Arab Revolutionary Resurgence Movement (Harakat al-madd al-thawri al-arabi). A handwritten statement said the attack was a warning to Zionist and American enemies along with treacherous Arab regimes and an expression of their determination. Well at least they got the "madd" part right, almost.
- March 12, 1993: In India, a series of bomb blasts in Bombay left over 300 Hindus dead. Islam wasn't being civil anywhere.
Thirteen bombs exploded within three hours. The Bombay Stock Exchange, the headquarters of India's national airlines, and three luxury hotels were all targeted. An estimated 317 people died and another 1,200 civilians were injured.
The Islamic perpetrators fled to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates. As the evidence was uncovered, it became clear that Pakistani Islamic terrorists, sponsored directly by the government, were responsible for the reign of terror.
- March 13, 1993: In Kuwait, two time bombs exploded near the Holiday Inn Hotel in the al-Farwaniyah section of Kuwait City. Muslims wanted to thank America for liberating them.
- March 15, 1993: A time bomb containing 20 pounds of TNT was found and defused in a handcart in front of the UN observers' headquarters in al-Sulaymaniyah, Iraq. It had been set to go off after twenty minutes but had malfunctioned.
- March 16, 1993: Mohammed Hussein Naghdi, the director of a Rome-based Iranian opposition group called National Council Resistance, was shot and killed by assassins. His secular organization blamed the murder on terrorists employed by the Iranian religious regime. The victim had recently received threats reminding him of the death sentence issued against him by the Ayatollah Khomeini.
- March 16, 1993: A bomb exploded in an empty tour bus parked outside the Egyptian Museum on al-Tahrir Square in Cairo. The explosion left a crater in the street and damaged five other buses. The Islamic Group, al-Gama'a al-Islamiya was responsible. They said they were avenging an assault on the Al-Rahman mosque in Aswan the previous week.
- March 22, 1993: A humanitarian aid worker was shot and killed in Iraq on a road near Sulamaniya. He was a Belgian citizen.
- March 22, 1993: A Palestinian Muslim stabbed six people with a large kitchen knife in the John F. Kennedy Technical School in Israel. He slashed everyone in reach as he shouted "Allahu Akbar," Allah is the Greatest.
The attacker, Nasser Chkierat, was just 25 years old. He had been recently released from prison after having served 18 months for firebombing cars. In his slogan, he confessed as to why he was a criminal. Allahu Akbar is Islam's Prayer of Fear. Muhammad taught Muslims to shout it at their victims just prior to the Khaybar raid - his second most brutal terrorist attack. Every Islamic terrorist, including the 9/11 suicide bombers, identifies who they are serving when they shout "Allahu Akbar!"
Protests by 200 students in the streets near the school followed the attack. The rioters stupidly shouted: "Death to the Arabs!" The problem with this man wasn't racial - it was religious. But the indoctrinated students were ignorant of who was trying to kill them or why. Shouting: "Death to Islam" would have been correct and compassionate.
Race has nothing to do with Islam. Not all Arabs are Muslims and most Muslims are not Arabs. But the moment the discussion turns from religion to race, all hope of a solution is lost.
- March 27, 1993: Algeria severed ties with Iran for involvement in terrorist activities in Algeria. Muslims couldn't even be civil with fellow Muslims. In fact, Muslims have murdered more Muslims each year than they have Jews, Christians, Atheists, and Hindus combined.
Muslims are, however, racist. They have murdered and enslaved many times more Africans each year than Arabs. In this light, it's amazing the African American Muslims from the Nation of Islam sell the religion of submission to blacks in prison by claiming that Christianity, not Islam, is racist and enslaving.
- March 28, 1993: An Indian Airlines plane was hijacked shortly after takeoff from New Delhi. A Hindu man, pretending to be a Muslim with explosives strapped to his body, ordered the pilot to fly to Pakistan where the plane was denied permission to land. The pilot then flew to Amritsar and landed there. The hijacker released all of the passengers unharmed and surrendered himself after five hours of negotiation. He said he was protesting the violence Muslims were perpetrating against Hindus in India.
- March 29, 1993: Members of the fundamentalist Sunni Islamic group Hamas killed two traffic cops in Tel Aviv.
- April 1, 1993: A road construction project in the Philippines undertaken by a US firm was raided by the Moro Islamic Liberation Front. They destroyed the company's heavy and expensive equipment. Local officials said that the Muslims were angry that they were not consulted about the road. The angry part was right anyway.
- April 2, 1993: In Cambodia, the Socialist Secular Humanist Khmer Rouge shot and killed three Bulgarian UN peacekeepers in the Kompong Speu Province. After having a meal together, one Marxist left and came back with 10 more leftists who opened fire on the Bulgarians. Three other soldiers were seriously injured. Pol Pot, the Khmer Rouge leader, denied responsibility for the attack because in addition to being merciless, the Communist was disingenuous. These are two of many traits the advocates of the religion of man share with Muhammad's religion.
- April 8, 1993: Another Nile cruise ship, this one carrying 41 German tourists, was attacked near El-Qusiya south of Cairo.
- April 11, 1993: Five incendiary devices were found on a tour bus carrying 50 German tourists in Cairo, Egypt.
- April 13, 1993: An IED killed three Israelis and wounded two others in a roadside ambush by Iranian supported terrorists in southern Lebanon. Hizballah admitted to the crime by claiming credit for it.
- April 14, 1993: The Iraqi intelligence service attempted to assassinate former U.S. President George H. W. Bush as he was enriching himself during a visit to Kuwait.
- April 20, 1993: The United States and Russia issued invitations to Israel, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and the so-called Palestinians to meet in Washington to resume peace talks. They had been stalled by the Israeli deportation of 400 suspected Hamas activists to Lebanon. It was actually a smart play on Israel's part. The Sunni Hamas leaders would be used for target practice in the region dominated by Shia Islam.
- April 20, 1993: Gunmen backed by the Islamic governments in Iran and Sudan attempted to assassinate the Egyptian Interior Minister, but failed.
- April 23, 1993: A bomb exploded prematurely, wounding the Marxist Muslim trying to carry it to the British Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey. The man shouted slogans as he was being arrested so that there was no doubt as to who he served. Police found a gun and a light anti-tank rocket in his bag.
- April 23, 1993: Three diplomats from Germany, the Netherlands and Great Britain were kidnapped by Afghan terrorist leader Ghulam Nabu Noorizai. They had allegedly strayed into Afghanistan after a visiting Quetta, Pakistan. They were released on May 13, 1993 after Pakistani officials refused to trade two of Noorzai's men, held on gun-running charges in Pakistan, for them.
- May 1, 1993: In Lebanon, Hizballah terrorists combined an ambush with a remote-controlled roadside bomb to kill an Israeli near Arnoun. This is the way most American troops would be killed in Iraq.
- May 18, 1993: One Israeli soldier was killed and another was wounded by pro-Iranian mujahideen in southern Lebanon.
- May 25, 1993: In Yemen, two American oil company executives were kidnapped by Muslim Hashed tribesmen to try to prevent the executions of fellow jihadists convicted of robbery and murder. The executions were postponed after the kidnapping and the Americans were released. Still living in the past, Islam remains tribal.
- June 7, 1993: A bomb thrown into another tour bus in Cairo, Egypt. The Islamic Group killed one tourist and injured 14 others, including five British citizens.
- June 8, 1993: A bomb carried on a bicycle was left in a tunnel which took tourists to the Pyramids in Giza. It was detonated by remote control as a tourist bus entered the tunnel. One person was killed and 15 were wounded, including six British citizens. The police arrested 25 Muslim militant suspects.
- June 11, 1993: In Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croat militants killed an Iranian diplomat and his aide near Zenica. The diplomat was director of the Iranian Humanitarian Center for Providing Aid (and weapons) to Muslim mujahideen in Bosnia. The former allies were becoming foes. Croatian Ustashi Fascists had joined with Muslim SS troops led by the Grand Mufti Husseini in World War II to slaughter 800,000 Serbian Christians. Now they weren't getting along.
- June 21, 1993: Two Chinese water resource specialists were kidnapped by Afghani Mullah Abdul Salam Rocketi in western Pakistan. For their release, Salam demanded the return of three U.S. Stinger missiles that were seized by Pakistani authorities, a six-million rupee ransom, and the release of his brother who was imprisoned in Pakistan on gun-running charges.
The two Chinese hostages were freed along with eight Pakistanis on July 22nd, 1994 after negotiations by Pakistani and Saudi officials led to a hostage exchange and monetary reward.
- June 24, 1993: Six Turkish offices in Munich, Germany were damaged by Kurdish PKK terrorists. A Turkish bank and a Turkish private airline company were among the targets, as was the Turkish consulate in Karlsruhe. When the formally Marxist and now Muslim PKK took over the Turkish Consulate in Munich, they threatened to kill their 21 hostages and to blow up the building.
Demonstrating their deep-seeded racial hatreds, the Muslim Kurds were then attacked by a group of Muslim Turks. Six people were injured in the resulting riot and 100 were arrested.
- June 24, 1993: In France, six different Turkish targets in Paris were attacked by Kurdish Muslims. On the same day, the Turkish Consulate in Geneva, Switzerland was attacked by PKK members as was the Turkish airlines and tourism offices in Copenhagen, Denmark and a Turkish bank in London, England.
In France, five Kurdish militants took over the Turkish Consulate in Marseilles with tear-gas grenades. There they took 10 Turkish diplomats hostage.
One Kurd was killed during their raids on the Turkish Consulates in Zurich and Bern, Switzerland. Seven other people were injured in the shootout in Bern.
And before this day was over, the Turkish airline and tourism offices in Stockholm, Sweden were also raided by gun-toting PKK jihadists.
Kurdish animosity toward Turkey is completely justified. The Turks, without reason have oppressed Kurds and denied them an independent homeland. However, their plight is not nearly as dire as that which the Turks perpetrated on Armenian Christians, killing a million of them in 1915. Nor are the Turks as appropriate in their reprisals. Armenians limited their attacks on Turks to government officials, and seldom if ever terrorized ordinary citizens. But the Armenians were Christians and the Kurds were Muslims.
- June 27, 1993: In Turkey, a tourist hotel in Antalya was the target of a bombing. The blast injured 26 innocent people, including Germans, Swedes, and a Finn. The Marxist, turned Muslim PKK was responsible. They had warned Turkish officials of such attacks after being spurned by the government during a self-imposed unilateral truce.
- June 27, 1993: In Somalia, two UN-assigned U.S. soldiers were wounded in an attack by Somali Muslim snipers in Mogadishu. In the same raid, an UN-assigned Pakistani soldier was shot as well.
- June 27, 1993: The United States launched a multiple cruise missile strike on the site of the Iraqi intelligence service in Baghdad in retaliation for an Iraqi plot to assassinate former U.S. President George Bush in Kuwait.
- June 29, 1993: Hizballah members detonated a roadside bomb as an IDF patrol passed by.
- July 1, 1993: The PKK kidnapped four French tourists from their bus in southeast Turkey. They said they would be held until the Turkish government ceased operations against them.
- July 1, 1993: In Israel, three Palestinians from the Jabalya refugee camp boarded a bus in Jerusalem and started shooting. Unable to commandeer an airplane, these Muslims attempt to hijack the bus. One passenger was killed and two were injured in the raid.
The hijackers were eventually overpowered by the bus driver. One was wounded and two escaped by kidnapping a woman, forcing her to drive them away. The murdering jihadists shot the Jewish woman as they approached a roadblock. Soldiers then opened fire on the car, which crashed and burned.
When the jihadists awoke, they asked Allah why neither the scenery nor temperature had changed. Turns out, Allah was Satan and Muhammad had lied. Paradise was not a reward for murderers.
- July 1, 1993: Italian UN peacekeeping troops were ambushed by Muslim mujahideen in Mogadishu, Somalia. They were returning from searching a suspected weapons storehouse used by Aideed supporters. Three soldiers were killed and 22 were injured in the ambush.
Islam had turned Somalia into hell on earth and there was no longer anything the civilized world could do about it.
- July 2, 1993: The blind fundamentalist Islamic scholar, professor, and Jersey City mosque preacher, responsible for assassinating Anwar Sadat, and for the first bombing of the World Trade Center, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, surrendered to U.S. Justice Department officials in Brooklyn, New York. The world's foremost Qur'an scholar would be convicted of terrorism.
- July 3, 1993: A case of premature detonation wounded a Muslim jihadist as he attempted to plant a bomb under the car of a PLO official. The target was Abu-Yusfuf al-Wahidi. The assassination attempt occurred in the al-Baq'ah refugee camp outside of Amman, Jordan.
July 5, 1993: In eight separate incidents, the Muslim Marxist Kurdish PKK kidnapped 19 Western tourists in Turkey.
- July 6, 1993: A Palestinian terrorist stabbed an Israeli woman in West Jerusalem because the Quran is more anti-Semitic than Hitler's Mein Kampf.
- July 8, 1993: The PFLP-GC detonated a bomb under an Israeli convoy in southern Lebanon, killing two soldiers and wounding three others.
- July 24, 1993: Four French tourists were kidnapped from a tour bus by Kurdish PKK members.
- July 25, 1993: A bomb hidden in a trash can exploded near the Haya Sophia Cathedral Museum in Istanbul. Three tourists and one local woman were injured. Kurdish Muslim militants were suspected.
- July 30, 1993: In Turkey, another trash-bomb exploded. This on on a street in Kusadasi injured eighteen people, including six foreign tourists.
- August 2, 1993: In Iraq, a bomb blasted a UN post in Dahuk.
- August 3, 1993: A Turkish restaurant in Pulheim, Germany was the target of an arson attack. Three people were injured. Swastikas were spray painted at the location. Once again, former allies were now acting like foes.
- August 5, 1993: In the Republic of Georgia, Muslims ambushed the motorcade of U.S. diplomat Fred Woodruff. The jihadists killed him and seriously wounded his driver. The incident occurred on the Georgian Military Highway near Tbilisi just prior to midnight.
- August 8, 1993: Four U.S. soldiers who were assigned to the United Nations in Somalia, were killed when a roadside bomb exploded under their vehicle. They were driving in Mogadishu. The convoy was then fired upon by enraged Muslims.
The lives of these good men were sacrificed on the political altar of American ignorance. While Bill Clinton's soul is stained with their blood, his grotesque immorality would soon be overshadowed a thousand fold by the immoral hypocrite who replaced him. Somalia was a foretaste of what would come in Iraq.
Blaming Aideed's militia for the nation's woes rather than Islam, as Bush would blame Hussein for Iraq's, blood was shed and coin was spilled making two bad situations worse. At best, America's presidents were guilty of manslaughter. But in a nation no longer able to be judgmental, neither will be held accountable until they are judged my their Maker.
- August 10, 1993: A grenade was thrown into a crowded tourist restaurant in Istanbul, Turkey by Kurdish Muslims affiliated with the PKK. The grenade failed to explode and thus the only casualty was Islam.
- August 13, 1993: In the newly formed state of Tajikistan, a guard at the Afghan Consulate in Dushanbe was shot and killed by a rival Muslim.
- August 13, 1993: In a classic case of one finger pointing outward and three pointing back, the UK, US, and France issued a declaration against Libyan state-sponsored terrorism to the UN Security Council. While there was no question that Libya was bad, as were the other dishonorable mentions, Iran and Iraq, but so were Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Turkey, Egypt, Algeria, Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan, and especially the PLO.
Algeria, Somalia, and the Sudan were in the midst of state sponsored genocides, collectively killing over three million civilians, and yet they were never added to the "states which sponsor terrorism" list. And Saudi Arabia was busy indoctrinating 15 of the 19 good Muslim suicide bombers who within eight years would murder 3,000 Americans. Why do you suppose the finger pointers were so inconsistent, and indeed immoral, in their designations?
- August 15, 1993: In Turkey, PKK terrorists kidnapped three foreign tourists.
- August 16, 1993: In Egypt, another Nile River tourist boat, this one carrying British tourists, was fired upon by a jihadists lurking along the banks of the river. The fundamentalist Islamic Group, al-Gama'a al-Islamiya, was responsible. Even in jail, the blind cleric Omar Abdel Rahman was lethal. He was still the spiritual leader of the terrorist club he had founded.
- August 16, 1993: In Tunisia, a KLM plane was hijacked by an Egyptian Muslim who was a member of the Islamic Group. The KLM flight from Tunis to Amsterdam was commandeered when the jihadist entered the cockpit and claimed to have a bomb strapped to his body.
The good Muslim demanded the release of the blind Quran scholar and terrorist, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman. He wanted to be flown to New York City to pick up his spiritual leader. The hijacker was seized following a 10 hour standoff. After the last two hostages escaped through a cockpit window, German police at the Dusseldorf Airport stormed the jet.
This bad boy wasn't the only Muslim who longed for Omar Abdel Rahman's release. Osama bin Laden has repeatedly promised to terrorize America if his spiritual mentor and friend dies in prison.
- August 18, 1993: A bomb was thrown into a Hungarian tour bus in the Laleli district of Istanbul, Turkey. Three Hungarians tourists on the bus were injured as well as eight bystanders, including one Hungarian and one Azerbaijani. The authorities suspected Kurdish Muslims of orchestrating the attack and arrested a teenage boy.
- August 19, 1993: Eight Israeli soldiers were killed in an ambush and bomb attack by Hizballah (Allah's Party) in southern Lebanon. Four other soldiers were wounded.
- August 21, 1993: Four more foreign tourists, three Swiss and one Italian, were kidnapped by PKK terrorists in Turkey near the Iranian border. This is the area in which Ron Wyatt found Noah's Ark.
- August 22, 1993: Four ethnic Turks from Afghanistan were kidnapped off of a bus at a during a PKK ambush in the Batman Province of Turkey.
- August 23, 1993: A bomb was found and defused at the Kuwaiti Airlines offices in Beirut, Lebanon. The homemade device consisted of three grenades attached to several Molotov cocktails.
- August 25, 1993: A Molotov cocktail was thrown at a group of German tourists in Istanbul, Turkey. Six women in the group sustained burns.
- August 28, 1993: In the impoverished, war torn, and Islamic state of Sierra Leone in Western Africa, two Red Cross vehicles carrying aid workers were attacked by the Marxist Muslim United Revolutionary Front (RUF) terrorist organization near Golahun. Two nurses were killed and a third was injured.
- August 28, 1993: A jihadists speaking Farsi (Iranian), assassinated an Iranian dissident living in Turkey. The Shia Muslim had snuck into the victim's home in Ankara. The dissident had been critical of the violent nature of the religious regime of the Ayatollah Khomeini.
- August 29, 1993: In Somalia, three American soldiers assigned to the UN peacekeeping force were injured by Muslim gunmen. The attack took place at the Mogadishu airport which was previously viewed as a safe haven.
- September 1, 1993: Seven employees of a U.S. company working in the Batman Province of Turkey were kidnapped by the PKK.
- September 1, 1993: In Sweden, a gang of six Swedish men attacked a Somali refugee, causing permanent brain damage. The same day in Denmark, a Swedish sniper shot foreign immigrants with a laser-sighted rifle.
- September 1, 1993: In Yemen, fifty jihadists attacked the East Shabwa drilling site of the French oil firm, Total. The French suspended operations in Yemen.
- September 5, 1993: In Somalia, seven Nigerian UN peacekeepers were killed in a shoot-out. They had been ambushed by Muslim mujahideen in league with Islamic warlord Aideed.
- September 9, 1993: PLO chief and U.N. sponsored terrorist, Yasser Arafat shook hands with Israeli Prime Minister Rabin, inaugurating Clinton's Oslo Accords. To gain control over the most heavily populated "Palestinian" territories, Arafat pledged to stop inciting and perpetrating terror. The man whose covenant called for the destruction of Israel also committed to promote co-existence with his foe. But, as is the Qur'anic custom, the Marxist Muslim failed to honor either agreement. In fact, Arafat continued to encourage HAMAS, the PFLP, PLO, Fatah, Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, Islamic Jihad and Hizballah to carry out thousands of terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians. Over the first ten years of the agreement, Palestinian terrorists would murder more than 1,300 Jews. In fact, the number of Israelis killed by Muslim militants in the five years after the "peace accord" was significantly greater than the 15 years preceding it.
I was in Israel in December of 2001 after one such attack. During a private meeting with the perpetrators who had gunned down 12 Jewish women and children, they proudly proclaimed that their orders came directly from Yasser Arafat. In fact, they were members of his Fatah and Aqsa Martyr's Brigade.
With Saudi, Iraqi, Kuwaiti, Iranian, American, and European financial support, the groups directly under Arafat's command, continued to terrorize Jews in a relentless campaign. Land, which the Jews had too little of, was foolishly traded for something that has never existed in the Islamic world: peace.
- September 11, 1993: In Chile, a bomb was defused in a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Santiago. Credit for the failure was called in by someone identifying himself as a member of the "Patriarchs of Manuel Rodriguez."
The same day, a Mormon Church in La Florida was bombed. It was designed to mark the anniversary of the coup against Allende in 1973. So were two additional bombings at McDonalds restaurants in Santiago.
- September 12, 1993: Six Muslims from Bangladesh and two Iranian Muslims were kidnapped by the PKK in southeast Turkey. The Islamic terrorist group was simply rotating their inventory. The kidnapping occurred while the PKK was releasing three other foreign hostages.
- September 12, 1993: The al-Huqban Operation Martyrs Group of the Islamic Resistance claimed credit using a roadside bomb to attack an Israeli patrol in Shihin, Lebanon. The terrorist club said that they would "continue the sacred policy of jihad" in their press release.
- September 13, 1993: A bomb exploded at the United Arab Emirates Embassy in Moscow, Russia. It was designed to protest the signing of the "peace accord" in Washington between Israel and the PLO.
- September 16, 1993: A German transport plane was hijacked from Germany to Turkey.
- September 17, 1993: Four Iranian Kurds were assassinated in a Berlin restaurant by Shia Muslims.
- September 18, 1993: In Egypt, Islamic fundamentalists fired at a Nile cruise ship, terrorizing the French tourists aboard.
- September 21, 1993: In Somalia, Islamic jihadists attacked the UN peacekeeping forces, killing three Pakistanis and wounding seven.
- September 21, 1993: In Algeria, two French businessmen were kidnapped from Tlelac and then murdered. Their decapitated bodies were found in Tenira. The United Company of Jihad claimed responsibility as did the better known and vastly more popular Groupes Islamiques Armes, the Armed Islamic Group known by the acronym GIA. In Arabic, the Islamic club is called al-Gama'a al-Islamiyah al-Musallah.
Headquartered in Algeria, the Armed Islamic Group is composed of Muslim fundamentalists who sought to overthrow the Marxist Muslim regime in Algeria and replace it with a Salafist Islamic state under Sharia Law. They were founded in early 1992, immediately after the Algerian government banned their parent organization - the fundamentalist Islamic Salvation Front.
The GIA was born when the Algerian OPEC regime declared the election landslide of the Islamic Salvation Front null and void following their overwhelming victory in December 1991. The ISF was Algeria's largest political and religious party, and resolutely Salafist. The Algerian government, as dictatorial regimes are wont to do, outlawed the popular Islamic Salvation Front, and threw thousands of their leaders and activists in jail. Since the ISF was banned, the GIA was conceived as nothing more than a new name for the old group. Their membership and leadership was populated exclusively by the parent's best (read fundamentalist and jihadist) Muslims.
The Armed Islamic Group, as their name implies, engaged in frequent jihadist attacks against civilians, especially journalists and teachers in secular schools. They didn't care much for police or government workers either. This fundamentalist Islamic gang was so ruthless, they would often wipe out entire villages during one of their raids - indiscriminately killing women and children, Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Like their prophet, they were especially good at rape, plunder, and the slave trade. Islam is as Islam does.
From 1993 to 1998, the Armed Islamic Group, which was nothing more than a new name for Algeria's majority political and religious party, was directly involved in the slaughter of more than 80,000 Algerian civilians. Most were killed in surprise raids perpetrated by armed militias against defenseless and impoverished farming communities.
These Muslim militants deployed the standard fare of Islamic tactics, including assassination, kidnap for ransom, suicide bombers, car bombs, and IEDs. They were textbook terrorists whose favorite tactic was to abduct a person from a town, torture them, and then behead them by slitting their throats while reading passages from the Quran.
The long arm of Islamic terror reached out into other nations infected by this disease. The Islamic Salvation Front's Armed Islamic Group killed hundreds of Algerian expatriates living in exile in Europe. But they were equal opportunity haters and became proficient at killing foreigners in addition to Algerians. In 1993, Groupes Islamiques Armes announced a campaign against non-Muslim infidels living in Algeria. The two French businessmen decapitated in September of 1993 were their initial victims.
In an event that foreshadowed September 11th, the Islamic Salvation Front's Armed Islamic Group hijacked an Air France jet before it departed from Algiers to Paris on Christmas Eve in 1994. The hijackers' downfall was their braggadocios attitude. After they released some women, children, and elderly passengers before takeoff, the freed hostages told French authorities stationed in the former colony that the jihadists wanted to fly the plane into the Eiffel Tower and have it explode over Paris. All four Armed Islamic Group militants were killed when French security forces stormed the plane.
In 1995, the GIA took credit for a series of subway bombings in France. The Armed Islamic Group killed seven passengers and wounded another 80 French citizens.
In December 1999, Ahmed Ressam, a GIA member, was arrested at the U.S.-Canadian border with a carload of explosives. Ressam, an Algerian Muslim who was living in Canada, had schemed to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport on New Year's Eve, 2000. Ressam, who was convicted on terrorist charges, led investigators to Islamic co-conspirators in Canada and the United States.
As a result of the carnage, in September 1997 the Algerian military junta agreed to implement the Islamic Salvation Front's plan to expand Sharia law into all areas of public and private life throughout the OPEC nation. Their focus was women's rights (or lack thereof). Like Saudi Arabia women were denied access to cars, travel, education, work, and politics. And they were required to comply with Islam's hideously discriminatory dress code.
However, unable to restrain themselves, the GIA continued to conduct terrorist operations through August of 2001. But just because that was the last jihadist raid perpetrated by the Islamic Salvation Front's Armed Islamic Group, doesn't mean that the terrorists set down their swords, guns, and bombs and became civil. No. They simply changed their name and started expressing the true nature of their religion under the Salafist Group for Call and Combat brand.
In September 2005, the Algeria regime capitulated once again to the Islamic Salvation Front and their Armed Islamic Group and Salafist Group for Call and Combat. They adopted the "Peace and Reconciliation Charter" which pardoned all Islamic militants who were not responsible for civilian massacres, rapes, or bombings of public places. The ISF's imprisoned leaders, were all released because in jail, they had only inspired but not actually done these crimes.
Abassi Madani was the founder and leader of the Islamic Salvation Front, taking the organization from a Qur'an study group to the majority religious and political party in Algeria. When his fundamentalist Islamic organization garnered the most votes in a 1991 national election, Madani became a target of the Algerian regime. He was arrested on June 30th 1991, and served the next several years in a military prison. He was released on parole in July 1997 once the military junta had capitulated to his primary demands. He was rearrested however in September 1997. Madani was confined to an apartment in Belcourt, Algeria in response to public comments and a letter he sent to the United Nations requesting a solution to the ongoing civil war in Algeria - one he himself had started. Madani remained incarcerated until July 2003, when he was sent into exile. As a condition of his release, the Islamic cleric and terrorist was banned from all political activity.
Abassi Madani still heads the Islamic Salvation Front, though he now lives in Doha, Qatar. He routinely meets with Saudi officials as he shares their fundamentalist view of Islam. And as one might expect, the Quran scholar is critical of Israel and U.S. policy in the Middle East.
Madani's partner in establishing the ISF was Ahmed Zaoui, a professor of Islamic theology at the University of Algiers. Zaoui fled to Belgium in 1993. Under pressure from Algeria, a Belgian court charged him with traveling with forged documents and membership in a "criminal organization." While under house arrest in Belgium, Zaoui fled to Switzerland and soon thereafter was deported to Burkina Faso. After two years, Zaoui moved to Malaysia. Upon the discovery of the Malaysian government's intent to extradite him back to Algeria, where he would be executed, Zaoui fled to New Zealand. In 2003, Zaoui's application for refugee status was approved, though he would not be released from prison on bail until 2004.
Ali Belhadj was another of Abassi Madani's partners in crime. He was a Algerian schoolteacher before becoming a leader in the Islamic Salvation Front. Belhadj was the second in command of the Islamic Salvation Front and was known as one of the more violent members of the group. In March 1991, Belhadj was instrumental in organizing a general strike in protest of an electoral law which redistricted seats to favor Algeria's governing regime. For his role in the protests, Belhadj was sentenced to 12 years in jail.
Released in 2003, Belhadj was banned by the Algerian government from taking part in politics. In 2005, Belhadj was re-arrested after allegedly "praising terrorism" in an interview on al-Jazeera. In March 2006, Belhadj was released from prison under a national reconciliation act with Islamic terrorists.
Ahmed Abu Abdullah joined the Armed Islamic Group shortly after its birth in early 1992. He had been a member of the Islamic Salvation Front's Jihad Justice Council. Ahmed Abu Abdullah was implicated in a number of assassinations of public figures and foreign businessmen in Algeria. In one of his more infamous incidents, Ahmed Abu Abdullah ordered his jihadists to murder five French diplomats living in the French Embassy's housing complex in August 1994.
Also known by the alias Sherif Ghousmi, Ahmed Abu Abdullah became the head of the GIA following the death of Mourad Sid Ahmed. A press release from the Armed Islamic Group in August 1994 claimed that the GIA had created an Islamic government - and that Ahmed Abu Abdullah was the chief executive of Algeria. But not for long, Ahmed Abu Abdullah was killed in Algiers on September 26th 1994.
Djamel Zitouni became head of the GIA after Ahmed Abu Abdullah was killed. Under his leadership, the GIA hijacked an Air France flight with the intent of turning it into a suicide bomber over Paris. Later in 1995, Djamel Zitouni's Armed Islamic Group claimed credit for a series of subway bombings in France, killing seven people and injuring 80 more. Then in April 1996, the GIA executed seven kidnapped French Catholic priests.
Zitouni's GIA continued to terrorize Algerians, increasing their raids on civilians living in small towns. They wanted to coerce villagers to move to cities to put additional pressure on the military junta.
Zitouni was killed in July 1996 by a rival faction within the Islamic Salvation Front's consortium of jihadist groups. A statement released by the ISF at the time of his assassination announced his expulsion from the organization for "debauchery." Zitouni had been feuding with fellow GIA terrorists, including Hadj Kartali and Abu Abd al-Rahim Khalid, and well as with leadership of the parent Islamic Salvation Front, the political and religious movement from which the GIA had been spawned. Deadly clashes between Zitouni's supporters and those of other GIA commanders were common during this time.
While Djamel Zitouni may have been a drunken libertine and rapist, it wasn't debauchery which got him killed. It was Zitouni's strategy of murdering family members of former GIA jihadists who had given up killing and surrendered to authorities. Islam is like the Mafia in this way. Once in, there is no way out. The Qur'an says: "If a Muslim abrogates his faith (ceasing to be a jihadist), kill him."
The assassinations of two Islamic Salvation Front politicians, Mohamed Said and Abderrezak Redjam, who Zitouni ordered murdered in November 1995, also contributed to Zitouni's problems. Both Said and Redjam had been members of the GIA before trying to leave the group.
- September 24, 1993: The body of an Israeli farm worker was found just before the start of Yom Kippur in a field near Ranana, north of Tel Aviv. He had been stabbed to death by a militant Muslim. A note from Hamas was found on his body.
It didn't take long for Palestinians to violate the Oslo Accords which were signed in Washington D.C. on September 13th.
- September 25, 1993: In Somalia, three American soldiers assigned to the UN peacekeeping force were killed when Islamic jihadists shot down their helicopter in Mogadishu.
- September 25, 1993: Militant Muslim Somali gunmen attempted to kidnap an Italian journalist in Mogadishu because they thought he was an American.
- October 3, 1993: In one of the most visual incidents of Islamic terrorism ever captured on film, Muslim militants in Mogadishu, Somalia, shot down two Black Hawk helicopters.
Americans had been deployed in Somalia by George H.W. Bush on a highly politicized humanitarian mission in league with the United Nations called "Restore Hope." In addition to deposing the ruling regime, they were trying to do the impossible: stabilize the failed Islamic state, restore order, and prevent mass starvation in a land corrupted in Islam.
As a direct result of Muslims rejecting humanitarian offers of life, liberty, and prosperity, 18 U.S. soldiers were killed. Most of them died trying to rescue their fallen comrades. Several Americans had their bodies mutilated and dragged through the streets as if they were a prize. The very people these soldiers were there to liberate and to free, murdered them in what could only be called a frenzied celebration of death. Islam's corruptive nature was never more visible.
There was a moral to the story, one not yet learned: men and women infected with Islam cannot be helped until the disease is removed. These 18 tragic deaths should have been sufficient to prevent the 30,000 American casualties in Iraq, more than 3,000 of whom sacrificed their lives making a bad situation worse.
American troops stationed in Iraq a decade later wouldn't have bled or died for nothing had Americans honored those lost in Somalia sufficiently to learn why their supreme sacrifice had been in vain. While the men and women in uniform were heroic, their mission was impossible. America's political leadership failed them, just as it is failing those bleeding and dying in Iraq today. No matter when the U.S. leaves Iraq, Muslim clerics will control the nation, making the country what it was not before: a clear and present danger.
Islam is incompatible with the human values of life, liberty, and prosperity America was trying to establish in Somalia and is trying to establish in Iraq. So long as Islam is tolerated in these places, the people cannot be helped. Americans should not be sacrificed in pursuit of a winless war or failed political policies. That was the lesson of October 3rd, 1993.
The men who lost their lives in Somalia, and those whose bodies were ravaged in Mogadishu by the Muslim mobs deserve nothing less than for us to learn from the ordeal that plagued them. In their honor, I have compiled the following review using sources affiliated with the U.S. Army. If you would like to read their report, you'll find it at: http://www.army.mil/cmh/brochures/Somalia/Somalia.htm.
Under United Nations command, coalition forces from France, Italy, Belgium, Morocco, Australia, Pakistan, Malaysia, and Canada joined U.S. troops in Somalia in 1991 through 1993. During the course of Operation Restore Hope, 38,000 soldiers from 23 nations, and representatives from 50 humanitarian relief operations, tried to work together to put food into the mouths of starving Somalis. But they were thwarted by Islam. A rivalry between feuding Islamic warlords, particularly between the Muslim militias of General Mohammed Aideed (also transliterated Muhammad Aidid) of the Habr Gidr clan and Ali Mahdi Mohamed of the Abgal tribe made delivering food and medicine a deadly affair. Their feud added to the tragedy of Somalia, because in their civil war, hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians perished.
There were ample warning signs on the horizon, UN diplomats ignored them and began to press for a political solution - one which called for the establishment of a UN supervised government. "Mission creep" began to enter the vocabulary of American troops serving in Somalia as the humanitarian mission became politicized.
Then to add insult to injury, during the outgoing Bush and incoming Clinton administrations, the United States relinquished control, acquiescing to the United Nations' agenda. A bad situation quickly worsened. The Council on Foreign Relations, and their stooges, Bush, Clinton, and the United Nations, were about to demonstrate their incompetence.
Turkish Lt. General Cevik Bir was appointed commander of the U.N. forces. U.S. Army Maj. General Thomas Montgomery became his deputy. This meant that American troops were inserted into the U.N. chain of command. It was the first of many deadly decisions.
The event that precipitated the transforming of a humanitarian mission into a political failure occurred on June 5th, 1993. Mohammed Aideed's Somalia National Alliance militia ambushed and killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, wounding 44, as they tried to take a radio station off the air. In retaliation, the following day, the United Nations Security Council approved a more aggressive military stance toward Aideed, asking member states for more troops and equipment. The United States complied with the U.N. request. But Clinton, wanting the U.S. troops to be seen as "peacemakers" rather than "warriors" prohibited the transport or use of American armored personnel carriers or tanks. As a direct result of this decision, the blood of 18 U.S. troops stains his hands.
Pakistani, Italian, and Malaysian forces, unlike the Americans, were equipped with armor - American-made armored personnel carriers and tanks. They began conducting patrols throughout Mogadishu, concentrating on the areas near the ambush site. Knowing that his troops were vulnerable, U.S. General Hoar ultimately convinced the Joint Staff to send four Air Force AC-130 gunships, special C-130 cargo planes modified with large guns, to support unarmored patrols and to carry out air strikes against the Somali jihadists.
The Hercules gunships flew 30 interdiction, reconnaissance, and PSYOP (psychological warfare operations) missions in support of the U.N.'s political objectives. Eight of those missions were combat sorties flown over the streets of Mogadishu. Each manufactured many more enemy combatants than they killed. These aircraft used their 105-mm and 40-mm cannons to demolish buildings thought to be weapons storage facilities and to further cripple Radio Mogadishu. Additional AC-130 missions targeted vehicle compounds belonging to Aideed and his supporters.
On June 17th Admiral Howe issued a warrant for Mohammed Farah Aideed's arrest. He also authorized a $25,000 reward for his capture. This only served to make things worse. Infighting between U.N. (Muslim troops) sympathetic to the Islamic warlord, and the U.S. didn't help. Then in a direct challenge to Aideed's leadership, American forces attacked one of Aideed's compounds with helicopter gunships. After the raid, a hostile crowd killed four western journalists covering the action. They would later display their mangled corpses for the world to see.
America, as it would later do less than a decade later with Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, had personalized the source of its pain. The nation was blinded to the actual problem - the source of the aggression. So coalition forces focused all of their energy on locating and arresting Mohammed Aideed and his supporters rather than deal with the underlying problem of Islam.
As a direct result of this error, one repeated with Saddam Hussein in Iraq, U.S. Task Force 3-25 Aviation established three teams to conduct operations to capture Muhammad Farah Aidid. They were named: Team Attack, Team Snatch, and Team Secure. Composed of attack, scout, and cargo helicopters with snipers and a scout platoon, they were to conduct continuous intelligence surveillance of Mohammed Aideed, leading to an attack on his escort convoy when he was traveling around the city and most vulnerable. Team Attack would destroy the lead and trail vehicles, Team Snatch would then capture Aideed. Team Secure would provide ground security by occupying blocking positions to prevent civilians from entering while keeping the targeted individuals confined to the ambush site. However, Aideed began lowering his profile and was seldom seen moving around.
The Islamic warlord did not take this personal threat to him casually. On August 8th Muslim militants on his payroll detonated a IED (remote-controlled Improvised Explosive Device) under a passing U.S. Military Police vehicle in Mogadishu. They killed four U.S. MPs. The same tactic would be played out in Iraq, killing 400 times more men.
As the military situation worsened, the U.N. Secretary General Boutros Boutros-Ghali made another personal plea to the administration of President Bill Clinton, again asking the U.S. to assist him in capturing Aideed. So on August 22nd 1993, Secretary of Defense Les Aspin sent a special operations task force (JSOTF) to Somalia. The JSOTF, named Task Force Ranger, had the mission of capturing Aideed and his key lieutenants and turning them over to the U.N. forces.
That job would prove extraordinarily difficult, because Aideed was a Muslim surrounded by Muslims in a land where not being a Muslim was a death sentence. His situation was not unlike bin Laden's in Pakistan where turning in the Islamic hero would be considered an act of treason. Aideed alluded his pursuers by alternating between the homes of fellow Muslims once AC-130 air raids and ground assaults on his strongholds made living in them dangerous.
All major elements of Task Force Ranger were in Somalia by late August. They consisted of special operations ground forces, special operations helicopters, U.S. Air Force special tactics personnel, and U.S. Navy Seals - everything but armor. During September 1993, TFR conducted six missions into Mogadishu, all of which were tactical successes. Although in one instance, the task force members mistakenly raided an unlisted U.N. facility and temporarily restrained some U.N. employees.
During a raid near the Digfer Hospital on September 21st, Osman Atto, Aideed's chief financial aide, was captured. The abduction operation went smoothly, but in their retreat, U.S. Rangers received massed rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) fire from Somali militia for the first time. The Muslim gunmen had been trained to fire at the tail rotors of the support helicopters, their most vulnerable appendage. Furthermore, these jihadists were now showing a greater overall willingness to engage the Rangers with small arms and rocket fire.
In one of the most violent incidents, U.S. and Pakistani soldiers were clearing roadblocks when they were attacked by Somali militia using 106-mm. guns, RPGs, and assault rifles. Later that same day, near an abandoned allied checkpoint, this team was again attacked by militiamen, this time joined by a mob of approximately 1,000 Somali civilians, most armed to the teeth. Six UN soldiers were injured in that raid.
On September 25th, a U.S. Black Hawk helicopter was shot down and three soldiers were killed. American troops secured the area and evacuated their dead under heavy fire. Particularly unsettling was the fact that the Somalis shot down the helicopter using an RPG, a weapon normally used to attack unarmored vehicles. The tail rotor was indeed vulnerable. This fact did not bode well for future helicopter missions, especially since they were being used in lieu of deploying armored personnel carriers.
On October 3rd, the Rangers launched their seventh mission, this time into the so-called "Black Sea Slum" near the Bakara Market. Their plan was to capture two of Mohammed Aideed's lieutenants. Helicopters carrying assault forces launched at 3:30 in the afternoon from the Mogadishu's airport on the periphery of town. A ground convoy moved out a few minutes later. By 3:42 the ground forces had arrived at their target, a building near the Olympic Hotel. The blocking force quickly established perimeter positions while the assault force searched the compound for Aideed's supporters. Both came under heavy militia fire; this time much more intense than on previous raids.
The assault team captured twenty-four Somalis and was about to load them onto their trucks when a circling MH-60 Black Hawk helicopter was hit by an RPG. It crashed three blocks away. Immediately, six men who were part of the blocking force went to the scene in hopes of rescuing their fallen comrades. They were joined by a small MH-6 assault helicopter and a modified Black Hawk carrying a fifteen-man combat search and rescue squad. The MH-6 crew arrived first, and demonstrating great bravery and skill, they landed in a narrow alley in the middle of the ensuing firefight. The crew evacuated two wounded soldiers to a military hospital.
The six-man Ranger blocking contingent arrived on foot, followed by the other Black Hawk helicopter carrying the search and rescue team. As the last two members of the fifteen-man squad were sliding down the fast ropes to the crash site, their helicopter was hit by another RPG. While the pilot kept the aircraft hovering until they reached the ground, the last man down the rope was injured. And with the helicopter wounded, the crew had no choice but to fly it back to the airport.
The Americans vulnerable so Muslim militants flooded to the crash site by the hundreds and then thousands. They shot and struck two more MH-60s, with one going down less than a mile away while the other limped back to the airport. Almost instantaneously, and armed Somali mob overran the second crash site and, despite a heroic defense, killed everyone except one of the pilots, whom they took prisoner. Two defenders, Gary Gordon and Randall Shughart were posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for their sacrifice.
After loading the Aideed's detainees into trucks, the remaining assault and blocking forces moved on foot to the first crash site, passing through heavy fire from the enormous mob of armed civilians. Several more Americans were wounded. Ducking for cover in buildings southwest of the downed helicopter, U.S. troops established defensive positions. They laid down suppressive fire to hold the Somalis at bay. These brave soldiers treated their wounded while working to free the surviving pilot's body from the wreckage.
Taking a different route, the ground convoy force with its detainees attempted to reach the first crash site from the north. Unable to find it among the narrow alleyways, they came under withering small arms and RPG fire. Finally, after suffering numerous casualties, losing two 5-ton trucks, and sustaining substantial damage to the other vehicles, the convoy's commander decided to return to the relative safety of the airfield.
On the way, the returning troops ran into a second convoy of Ranger and Special Forces soldiers who had just left the airport in hopes of reaching the site of the second crash. That rescue team loaded some of the casualties of the first convoy onto their vehicles and then they both returned to base. At this time, the U.S. Quick Response Force for the UN, and another U.S. Army unit, tried to reach the second crash site. However, they failed because these troops were pinned down by the enormous mobs of Muslim militants who had poured out of their homes to engage the infidels and punch their ticket to Allah's brothel. After a tough, dismounted firefight, the commander was compelled to move his outgunned force back to the safety of the airport. For the want of some tanks and armored personnel carriers, good men were dying.
The Rangers at the first crash site were now running short on critical supplies. They received water and ammunition from a helicopter drop that evening, but during this mission the delivery vehicle, an unarmored MH-60, was also hit by RPGs and barely managed to power back to the airport.
A relief column was slowly being formed at the airport and another at the New Port area of Mogadishu. But it took far too long to assemble the necessary tanks and armored vehicles because the only American armor was under the command of the Muslim Pakistani and Malaysian forces. At Bill Clinton's direction, armored personnel carriers, the most essential tool in urban combat, were missing from the American arsenal. U.S. troops had to go begging to save their own.
Finally, early the following morning, after a wasted afternoon and evening, a sixty-vehicle convoy moved out of the New Port area with Pakistani (American made) tanks in the lead. They were followed by armored personnel carriers, Cobra gunships, UH-60s, and reconnaissance OH-58A helicopters. As the convoy moved sporadically toward the crash sites, two of the Malaysian armored personnel carriers with U.S. Army soldiers inside turned the wrong direction in the chaos and were ambushed by an angry Muslim mob. Trying to save their own lives, these men moved into the cover of nearby buildings. It would be four hours before the would-be rescuers were rescued.
The rest of the convoy continued toward the first crash site. Army forces in the Malaysian (American made) armored personnel carriers broke through at 1:55 AM on October 4th. The Ranger Special Forces had worked until dawn to free the pilot's body, receiving grenade and small arms fire throughout the night. Close fire support by AH4 and AH-1 attack helicopters, in some instances firing small rockets, helped keep the Muslim mujahideen at bay during this time.
When the Infantry, less its lost platoon, reached the second crash site, there was no trace of the lost soldiers or aviators. As dawn broke, the casualties from the first crash site were loaded onto the borrowed personnel carriers and the rest of the team moved on foot in what became known as the "Mogadishu Mile." Even in the rescue, there were too few armored vehicles to carry Americans out of harm's way.
With the vehicles providing some cover, the run-and-gun escape began at 5:42 in the morning. Muslim mobs continued firing at them while U.S. helicopter gunships fired back. The main force arrived at a stadium in the northeast section of the city around 6:30. Medical personnel treated the wounded, and all wounded Americans were prepared for transit to the hospital on the airfield. Thus ended America's bloodiest urban firefight since the Vietnam War.
The Rangers lost 16 men and had another 57 wounded - some very badly. Another Ranger was killed and 12 more were wounded two days later by a mortar attack on their hangar at the airport. The Infantry lost two American soldiers and suffered 22 casualties. Various estimates placed Somali dead at around 1,500 during the 15-hour assault.
In the aftermath of the Muslim militia attacks on the U.S. military personnel who had been sent to Somalia to help free and feed those killing them, troop strength increased significantly, although temporarily. Too little and too late, Bradley fighting vehicles along with MI Abrams tanks were sent to protect the American GIs. These protective assets were augmented by additional AC-130 gunships.
It soon became clear that the Clinton administration was focused on using the additional force to facilitate the withdrawal of U.S. troops rather than punish the Muslims who had murdered the 23 Americans. General Montgomery had clear guidance from Clinton: protect the force, protect the UN, and bring the troops out with a minimum of casualties. The winless war had been lost.
While it was the right move, albeit too late, the consequence was grievous. Muslim militants the world over now knew that they could successfully fight America. It wasn't a matter of technology or training, but instead indoctrination. A sufficient number of Muslims corrupted with Allah's orders and Muhammad's example, could terrorize the West into submission so long as they were brutal and willing to die. It is the lesson America will experience once again in Iraq. It is unavoidable.
In a national security policy review session held in the White House on October 6th 1993, the president directed the acting chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to stop all actions by U.S. forces against Aideed except those required in self-defense. He also reappointed Ambassador Oakley as special envoy to Somalia to broker a peace settlement. As part of it, he announced that all U.S. forces would withdraw. Shortly thereafter Secretary Aspin stepped down, taking much of the blame for Bush's and Clinton's failed policy. As would happen in Iraq a decade later, misguided and immoral politicians squandered the lives of America's best making the situation worse.
Ambassador Oakley arrived in Mogadishu on October 9th, determined to obtain the release of U.S. helicopter pilot Michael Durant. He had been captured at the second crash site by Muslim militias paid by Aideed. The Islamic warlord agreed to release the wounded Durant and a previously captured Nigerian soldier on October 14th. Despite this "goodwill gesture" it quickly became apparent that Somalia would remain in the death grip of this tyrant and his clan, sliding ever backwards into disorder and anarchy.
Iraq is Somalia on a much more massive scale. As a result, the cost and consequence of America's misguided and failed policy in Iraq will be immeasurably more grievous. America's politicians are right when they say that the consequence of failure there will be horrific, but they are wrong in continuing to fight the battle. In Iraq, as it was in Somalia, the battle was lost before the first shot was fired.
The only way for America to win the war in Iraq would be to kill every Muslim in the Middle East. Since that isn't going to happen, and shouldn't happen, bring the troops home before more die making a bad situation worse.
Had America invested a little time understanding Islam, rather than squander its coin and spill its blood, the reign of Islamic terrorism would be over. But as a result of our collective ignorance and immorality, over the next twenty years Muslims will slaughter millions of Americans. And we will have no one to blame but ourselves.
- October 6, 1993: In Somalia, the UN/US held airport in Mogadishu was the target of a mortar attack. One US soldier was killed and 12 others were injured as a result.
- October 9, 1993: In Turkey, the Islamic PKK kidnapped an American and a New Zealand citizen.
- October 11, 1993: The Norwegian publisher of The Satanic Verses, William Nygaard, was shot three times but survived. He was the fifth victim of the Islamic fatwa (religious edict) against telling the truth about Muhammad. According to the Qur'an and Hadith, Muhammad recited a Qur'anic surah that had been inspired by Satan. If you want to learn about this episode in Muhammad's life, read the "Satan's Bargain" chapter of Prophet of Doom.
The publisher was shot outside his home in Oslo by Shia Muslims loyal to the Ayatollah Khomeini. They were trying to cash in on the cleric's million dollar reward. Norwegian police closed the case in April 1995, unwilling to link the assassination to Iran's religious regime. Crude politics, I suppose.
- October 11, 1993: The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO - whose charter called for the annihilation of Israel) Central Council approved Chairman Yasser Arafat's "peace accord" with Israel by a vote of 63 to 8, with 11 members abstaining.
Arafat would later say of the agreement, "I negotiated this treaty in the spirit of Hudaybiyah." For those who do not know, this is the pact Muhammad made with Mecca in order to make those who lived in his hometown easier prey. After signing an agreement not to terrorize the Meccans for the next ten years, as he had been doing for the past ten, the following year Muhammad renounced the treaty in the Qur'an's 9th surah. He said on behalf of his imaginary god: "Treaties between Muslims and non-Muslims are not binding on the Muslims." Then with an overwhelming force of 10,000 men under arms, Allah's lone prophet conquered the defenseless town of less than 5,000. By justifying his actions with this verse, Arafat was telling Muslims around the world what he intended to do. Israel was being made more vulnerable because the Nation of Islam was preparing to annihilate all Jews.
In the long history of human foibles, you'd have to look long and hard to find a more moronic plan than one that asked Israel to trade land, the one thing it has to little of, to the Muslims who possess 900 times more of it, for promises of peace from people whose religion advocates the breaching of vows and whose nature has never been peaceful. And yet it is this very plan that lies at the heart of James Baker's Iraq Study Group. Their solution to America's failure in Iraq was to appease the Muslims by giving them the high ground of Israel.
Not surprisingly, increased violence and poverty were the legacy of Oslo. Everyone lost. The Jews lost their land and their security. The once free, educated, and prosperous "Palestinians" lost all of these things. For a comprehensive review of how Clinton's Oslo Accords failed, and how we can keep George Bush from repeating the same mistake, read Tea With Terrorists - Who They Are, Why They Kill, and What Will Stop Them.
A summary of the most obvious failures is listed below in hopes that we will not allow a repetition of this travesty:
The accords require that the Palestinian police (who were equipped and trained by America, just as is being done with Iraq's security forces) act to prevent violence in a cooperative fashion with Israeli police (OA: Annex I, Article II). The very foundation of the Oslo Accords is the rejection of violence, force of arms, and terrorism as political tools. By initiating violence against Israelis, the PA police have violated this cornerstone of the agreement. As one of many examples, in September 1996, Palestinian policemen opened fire on Israeli soldiers and civilians in Judea, Samaria, and Gaza, resulting in the deaths of 15 Israelis. The Palestinian Authority actually instigated the rioting and took no steps to halt the armed attacks by PA police against Jews once it was underway. Moreover, the three men who murdered the 12 Jewish women and children at point blank range that confessed to me personally in December 2001, admitted that they were part of the PAPD, that they had been trained in America, that they had used American supplied M-16s to kill the Jews, and that their orders came from Yasser Arafat, the head of the PA.
The Palestinian Authority, the PLO's new moniker, was obligated to disarm and disband all militias operating in its autonomous areas and to confiscate all unlicensed weapons (OA: Article XIV; Annex I, Articles II (1) and XI). Nevertheless, five militias - HAMAS, Islamic Jihad, the PFLP, Hezballah, and Fatah (via the Aqsa Martyr's Brigade) - remain armed, and the PA has refused to do anything about them. The Palestinian Authority has not only failed to collect weapons, they have actively imported more guns by the boatload and truckload.
The PA is required to turn over for trial all suspects whose extradition is requested by Israel (OA: Annex IV, Article II(7)), yet they have not extradited any of the 19 terror suspects whom Israel has sought for crimes such as mass murder and attempted mass murder. By failing to turn over wanted suspects to Israel, the PA has allowed terrorists to go unpunished, thereby encouraging others to carry out attacks in the knowledge that they will not have to answer for their actions.
The PA leadership is obligated to refrain from the incitement of violence as part of their commitment to combat terrorism (OA: Article XXII). Nonetheless, PA Chairman Yasser Arafat has repeatedly called for jihad (holy war) against Israel. He has praised prominent terrorist bomb makers such as Yihya Ayyash ‘the Engineer' and has repeatedly encouraged acts of terrorism against Jews. On August 6, 1996, for example, Arafat called Israel a "demon" and urged Muslims to use "all means" at their disposal to fight Jews (The New York Times, August 7, 1996). Speaking to Palestinian forces in Gaza on September 24, 1996, Arafat quoted from the Qur'an saying: "They will fight for Allah, and they will kill and be killed." He added, "Palestine is our land and Jerusalem is our capital." (Maariv, October 4, 1996).
Since the PA is the PLO, the original organization was obligated to amend clauses in their Palestinian National Covenant which called for the destruction of Israel by no later than May 7, 1996 (OA: Article XXXII(9)). On April 24, 1996, a committee met and approved such an amendment in principle, yet they did not change the covenant but only gave authority to another committee to do so. As of today, no such changes have been made. By leaving the Covenant intact, the PLO sends a clear message that is has not renounced violence nor accepted Israel's right to exist.
The PA is required to locate all of its offices and ministries exclusively in areas under its jurisdiction (OA: Article I(7)). Nevertheless, the PA has violated this provision by maintaining offices such as its headquarters, the Orient House, in Jerusalem. The PA Ministry of Religious Affairs and the PA Office of the Muslim Mufti are both located in Jerusalem. In addition, Palestinian policemen operate in Jerusalem, in contravention of the agreements and have been involved in activities such as kidnapping, torturing, and killing human-rights activists, journalists and suspected collaborators with Israel.
The PA is required to summit a list of all potential police recruits to Israel for approval (OA: Annex I, Article IV(4)) to forestall the possibility that members of terrorist groups will join the PA security services. The PA has consistently failed to provide comprehensive listings of potential recruits to Israel and has proceeded to recruit policemen without prior Israeli consent. In many instances, the PA has knowingly drafted wanted terrorists to serve in the PAPD. Abd al-Majid Doudin, who helped plan the suicide bombing in Jerusalem on August 21, 1995, was convicted and sentenced by a PA court to 12 years imprisonment, but was subsequently freed and hired by the Palestinian police in Jericho. Similarly, Rajah and Amr Abu-Sita, who murdered Uri Megidish on March 8, 1993 and whose extradition was requested by Israel, were drafted to serve in the PA police in Gaza.
Under the Gaza-Jericho accord of May 1994, the PA was permitted to deploy a total of 9,000 policemen (OA: Annex I, Article III(3)), but in actuality the number of Palestinian policemen quickly rose to 20,000. Under Oslo 2, the PA may deploy up to 24,000 policemen in Areas A and B, including Gaza, (OA: Annex I, Article IV(3)), yet they have exceeded this figure by at least 10,0000. Reports in late September 1996 suggest that the PA security forces may exceed 50,000 men. This wouldn't be so bad except the PAPD exists to fight Jews, not terrorism.
During this time, $900,000,000 in international aid intended for the Palestinian people is stolen by PA chief, Yasser Arafat, and was put in his personal accounts. Fortunately, Arafat, who was a homosexual, would die of AIDS before he could enjoy his booty. That does not mean, however, that the money he stole from the Saudis, Iraqis, Iranians, Kuwaitis, Europeans, and Americans was used after his death to help his unemployed and impoverished people.
- October 12, 1993: In Algeria, members of the Armed Islamic Group (GIA) stormed into the home of a German employee of the Mercedes Benz company and held his family hostage. They threatened to kill the businessman, and all others they could find if they and their families did not leave Algeria. These fundamentalist Muslims were opposed to any dealings between infidel "atheists and disbelievers" and Algerians who were almost exclusively Islamic.
- October 14, 1993: The PKK kidnapped a Dutch tourist in Turkey.
- October 16, 1993: In Algeria, two Russian flight training officers were killed by three members of Unified Unit of Jihad. Two others were wounded.
- October 24, 1993: The Kahane Chai movement claimed responsibility for a harmless explosion near the French Embassy in Tel Aviv to protest Arafat's visit to France.
- October 24, 1993: The Armed Islamic Group kidnapped three French diplomats from the French Consulate in Algiers.
- October 26, 1993: A Muslim militant in Egypt fired his assault rifle into the Semiramis Hotel in Cairo, killing three people and injuring three others. Two Americans and one Frenchman were among fatalities. Another American and an Italian were wounded, with the Italian later dying of his injuries.
Witnesses said that the jihadist shouted "Allah Akbar!" (Allah is the Greatest) while condemning the consumption of alcohol. In Islam, drinking is worse than murder.
Upon his arrest the murderer denounced the killing of Muslims in Bosnia. Duped, the jihadist was unaware that Bosnia was a place where very few Muslims had been killed but where Muslims had assisted Croats in killing 800,000 Serbian Christians.
- November 1, 1993: In Afghanistan, a New Zealander and an American reporter were kidnapped in the Tagab Valley, near Kabul.
- November 9, 1993: An assassination attempt was made against former PLO and Fatah official, Zied Wehbeh in Sidon, Lebanon. He was injured but survived.
- November 9, 1993: The French Embassy and a French airline office in Tehran, Iran was attacked to protest the visit by Iranian opposition leader Maryam Rajavi to France.
- November 14, 1993: In the Philippines, an American Christian was kidnapped from his home on Pangutaran Island by Muslim fundamentalists. His abductors were members of the Abu Sayyaf Group. These jihadists, who were also associated with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, sought "to establish an Iranian-style Islamic state in the southern Philippines," according to their press release.
The kidnap victim was a linguist employed by the Summer Institute of Linguistics in Manila to translate the Bible into several local dialects.
- November 15, 1993: In Lebanon, PLO and Fatah leader Shabaytah was assassinated in Sidon by the rival Fatah Revolutionary Council. The killers were lead by spurned Fatah diplomat Abu Nidal.
- November, 1993: Ayman al Zawahiri's Al-Jihad's attempted assassination of Egyptian Prime Minister, Atef Sedky, failed. Good Muslims considered him to be a bad Muslim. Several months earlier, the same gang failed to assassinate Egyptian Interior Minister Hassan al Alfi.
- November 17, 1993: Three businessmen from Denmark were abducted by Hizballah in Lebanon.
- November 19, 1993: A group of Kurdish demonstrators in France took over and then occupied a TV station in Marseille. They demanded that they broadcast "real" news regarding the Kurdish situation.
- November 25, 1993: Yemeni Jahm tribesmen and jihadists, led by Mubarak Mashan, kidnapped an American diplomat associated with the US Information Service in Sanaa. He was released a year later after the Yemeni government gave in to demands including payments for operating oil pumping stations owned by Hunt Oil Company on the tribe's land.
- December 2, 1993: A Spanish businessman was killed in Algiers, Algeria by jihadists in the Armed Islamic Group.
- December 3, 1993: A German engineer was kidnapped by Yemeni jihadists.
- December 4, 1993: Muslim militants in the Philippines kidnapped seven Korean engineers who were working on an irrigation dam on Mindanao Island.
- December 5, 1993: In Algeria, a Russian woman who had married an Algerian was shot and killed in by the GIA terrorists. The Armed Islamic Group had set a November 30 deadline for all foreigners to leave the Muslim country.
- December 5, 1993: An Italian man was shot three times as he was leaving his home in Algeria. The Armed Islamic Group was responsible for the crime.
- December 5, 1993: A member of Palestinian Islamic Jihad fired his assault rifle into a public bus. He killed one passenger and wounded another.
- December 7, 1993: A Frenchman was assassinated in Blida, Algeria. The GIA was responsible. It was part of their ethnic cleansing campaign.
- December 8, 1993: A German engineer working for the America Hunt Oil Company was kidnapped by members of the Bakil tribe near Sanaa. The tribe had been complaining that they were underrepresented in the government, even though they composed the majority of the population.
- December 8, 1993: A member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) shot and killed a Jewish settler at Rachel's Tomb, near Bethlehem. Muslim murderers wear many different labels.
- December 10, 1993: An Algerian Muslim attempted to hijack an Air France flight from Paris to Nice. Upon landing in Nice the hijacker demanded that the flight continue on to Tripoli, Libya. He released the passengers then threatened to blow up the plane.
- December 11, 1993: Yitzhak Weinstock, a 19-year-old boy from Los Angeles, California was murdered by a Hamas Muslim in a drive-by shooting in Israel.
- December 11, 1993: Mansour Kikhia, a former Libyan foreign minister in exile and head of the Libyan opposition alliance, vanished in Cairo.
- December 12, 1993: Somali jihadists opened fire on US soldiers in Mogadishu as they were checking up on a Muslim man who had killed in a battle between rival warlords.
- December 14, 1993: In Somalia, Indian soldiers at a UN post in Bilis Qooqaani were attacked with antitank rockets, mortars, and machinegun fire.
- December 25, 1993: The Israeli ship Jrush Shalom was bombed while it was docked at the port of Eilat. The Palestine National Liberation Movement, a Fatah subsidiary, claimed responsibility.
- December 27, 1993: A bus carrying Austrian tourists was bombed by fundamentalist Muslims in the Islamic Group. With the vehicle crippled, the Gama'a al-Islamiya terrorists opened fire on the tourists, wounding 16 people.
- December 29, 1993: Two bombs exploded simultaneously in two hotels in Aden, Yemen killing a German. Four others were injured.
- December 29, 1993: A European couple was murdered in their home in Bouira, near Algiers, Algeria. Islamic militants wearing the Armed Islamic Group tag claimed credit for the murders.
- December 31, 1993: France rejected a Swiss extradition request and flew two Iranians wanted for the murder of Kazem Rajavi to Tehran, Iran. France was knee deep in building Iran's nuclear capability and was thus influenced by economics.