Islamic Terrorism Timeline
- January 1, 1980: In Lebanon, the Iraqi Embassy in Beirut was attacked. Multiple rockets were used to destroy the building.
- January 2, 1980: Marxist Muslim Turkish terrorists calling themselves the Armed Propaganda Unit claimed responsibility for assassinating an Israeli who managed the El Al airlines office in Istanbul. According to the Propaganda Unit, cold-blooded murder of Abraham Elazar was "designed to retaliate against the Israeli massacre of Palestinians." At least they had the propaganda part right.
- January 11, 1980: In El Salvador, 50 leftist militants beguiled by the Popular League of 28 February splinter group seized the Panamanian Embassy in San Salvador. They took seven people hostage and demanded the release of convicted criminals (kidnappers, extortionists, arsonists, and assassins) who were members of their group. The government of El Salvador acceded to their demands and the Popular League of 28 February released their hostages on the 14th of January.
While this had nothing to do with Islam, exposing the misdeeds of socialist secular humanists demonstrates how similar their morals and tactics are to those who terrorize in the name of Allah.
- January 13, 1980: Three people were injured in an explosion at the Manhattan offices of the Soviet airline Aeroflot. An anonymous caller, identifying himself as a member of the militant Jewish Defense League, told reporters that they had planted the bomb at Aeroflot to protest the imprisonment of Soviet dissidents. A few minutes later, a man identifying himself as a member of Omega 7, an anti-Castro group, also claimed responsibility.
Regardless of which group perpetrated this crime, the Soviets were guilty of imprisoning anyone with the courage and character to denounce their repressive doctrine and state.
- January 15, 1980: In Italy, an unarmed Tunisian Muslim held 89 passengers hostage on an Alitalia DC-9 for 12 hours by claiming he had an accomplice with a bomb. The 28-year-old jihadist demanded that the passengers be exchanged for 25 jailed men. He had seized the plane midway through its scheduled flight from Rome to Tunisia. His hope of diverting the flight to terrorist-friendly Libya was dashed when the Tripoli airport was closed due to a sand storm. The Maltese authorities refused touching down there which resulted in a final landing at Palermo where the hijacker surrendered to Italian authorities.
- January 15, 1980: Palestinian Fatah members were foiled in their attempt to detonate two explosive devices in Bat Yam, Israel.
- January 17, 1980: In Syria, one person was wounded when a bomb exploded outside the Soviet Aeroflot office in Damascus. The building was heavily damaged in the blast. The attack coincided with a meeting of four pro-Soviet Marxist-Muslim countries: Syria, Libya, Algeria, and South Yemen. The meeting was scheduled to assess Muslim sentiments following the Soviet invasion into Afghanistan in support of that nation's Marxist-Muslim regime.
All of the attendees at this meeting would have known that the Soviets had been forced to defend their Islamic client because the Carter administration had sent hundreds of millions of dollars of arms to Pakistani mujahideen groups like Maktab al-Khadamat - the Islamic club from which al-Qaeda was spawned. They knew that the Islamic mujahideen resistance to the Soviet defense of the Islamic regime in Kabul was a joint venture between the Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence (ISI), the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and Saudi Arabia with their OPEC funding and Wahhabi inspiration. The policy on both sides was so flawed, it prompted the leader of the British House of Commons to write: "Bin Laden was a product of monumental miscalculation by western security agencies.".
Those who are reading this timeline chronologically know he policy to equip Islamic fundamentalists in Pakistan and Afghanistan was crafted by Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) leader, Zbigniew Brzezinski. He was President Jimmy Carter's mentor and became his National Security Advisor. Years before the Soviets scheduled this Islamic assessment meeting in Syria, Zbigniew Brzezinski had conceived and perpetrated the plan to lure them into Afghanistan.
At Brzezinski's and Carter's insistence, the American CIA covertly funneled $250 million a year in cash and weaponry to Maktab al-Khadamat, al-Qaeda al-Sudah, and Taliban jihadists. The total to Osama bin Laden and his associates ultimately climbed to over $5 billion. Not only was the Pakistani Taliban the most substantial recipient of CIA weaponry, their Foreign Affairs Minister, the man who was responsible for the Taliban's dealings with the ISI and CIA, the Taliban's Foreign Affairs Minister, was Hamid Karzai - George Bush's post-war choice as leader of Afghanistan.
Therefore, America was instrumental in creating both the Taliban and al-Qaeda as well as the justification for the Soviet invasion. At the time Zia, the Patriarch of State-Sponsored Terrorism, was dictator of Pakistan. He had worked with the U.S as early as July of 1979 to start arming the Islamic Mujahideen to fight against the Soviet-backed government in Afghanistan. The Soviets took the bait and intervened six months later.
Not only did Robert Gates, a former director of the CIA, confess to as much in his memoirs entitled From the Shadows, an even more revealing glimpse into this shadowy affair was provided in an interview the French Le Nouvel Observateur conducted in 1998 with former American National Security Adviser himself, Zbigniew Brzezinski. He said: "According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahideen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet Army invaded Afghanistan, on December 24th, 1979. But the reality, closely guarded until now, is completely otherwise. Indeed, it was July 3rd, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the President in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.".
The holier-than-thou Jimmy Carter boycotted the 1980 Olympics in protest of the Soviet Union's incursion, and set into motion an international anti-Soviet propaganda machine condemning them as aggressors and a threat to world peace, when he himself was the instigator - the man who started a war that killed nearly 15,000 Russians, 7,000 Americans, 1.3 million Afghanis, and more than six-million additional people worldwide since that time.
When Council on Foreign Relation's head and National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, was asked if he regretted pulling off such a massive and deadly deception against the world, he replied, "Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter, in substance: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam War. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.".
When a nation deploys the strategy of the enemy of my enemy is my friend, they manufacture their next foe - and all too often they create a much bigger mess.
Brzezinski capped off his boastful confession with a callous disregard for the consequences of aiding and abetting Islamic fundamentalists. He asked: "What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Muslims, or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the Cold War?".
The interviewer responded, "Some stirred-up Moslems? It has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today." Brzezinski, angered at the attempt to hold him accountable, responded, "Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn't a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western, or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries.".
Brzezinski's ignorance of Islam, and his errant comparison of it to Christianity in the West, set the stage for an onslaught of Islamic terrorism that has engulfed the world in fear, enslaved a billion lives with its oppression, and killed over six-million people in thirty-five years. The enemy that he funded is now on the path of nuclear annihilation with America being the prime target. The U.S. had once again manufactured a more lethal enemy than it eliminated.
- January 18, 1980: In Lebanon, a teenage Muslim hijacked a Boeing 727 with 72 passengers and a crew of 10. The flight was en route from Beirut to Cyprus. Using a .32 caliber pistol and a hand grenade, the jihadist demanded that the plane return to Beirut to refuel for a flight to Tehran, Iran. The Shi'a terrorist wanted to call attention to the disappearance of the Islamic religious leader, imam Musa Sadr in Libya.
- January 28, 1980: A Lebanese jihadist hijacked a Middle East Airlines Boeing 707 with 137 people on board. This flight took off from Baghdad, Iraq and was scheduled to land in Beirut, Lebanon. The religious Muslim used a kitchen knife to perpetrate his crime.
The hijacker demanded that a press conference be held at the Beirut airport. He said at his press conference: "I want the Islamic foreign ministers' conference to clear the mystery that surrounds the disappearance of iman Mousa Sadr.".
- January 29, 1980: A bomb blast wrecked the ground floor of the Syrian embassy in Paris, killing one employee and wounding eight additional people. The explosion occurred shortly before Foreign Minister Abdel Halim Khaddam arrived from Damascus for an official visit. The Islamic dignitary was so unpopular, four organizations claimed responsibility for the incident: the Palestinian Resistance, the Jewish Brigades, the Lebanese Front, and the Afghan Collective. Since there is no such thing as the Jewish Brigades or the Afghan Collective, that leaves us with the Lebanese being a front for Palestinian resistance.
According to their alleged spokespeople, the mythical Jewish Brigades opposed Syrian anti-Semitic policies, the phony Afghan Collective opposed Syrian alignment with the Soviet Union, and the Lebanese Front opposed the occupation of Lebanon by Syrian forces. Palestinian Resistance was the only one out of these groups not to state a justification for the attack.
The Syrian government blamed the attack on agents acting on behalf of the U.S. and Israel and not on any of the groups that claimed the attack or any of the myriad anti-Syrian Lebanese groups that existed during the Lebanese Civil War and through the Syrian occupation.
- January 31, 1980: Three Lebanese Muslims, armed with pistols and hand grenades, were arrested at the Beirut airport as they tried to board an Air France plane. They said they wanted to draw attention to the disappearance of the spiritual leader of Lebanon's 800,000 Shi'ite Moslems - the imam Sadr.
- February 1, 1980: In Beirut, Lebanon, a London-based anti-Qaddafi newspaper editor was assassinated during his mother's funeral.
- February 3, 1980: A bomb planted by Arab Muslims exploded in a suburb of Tel Aviv, wounding six people. In Damascus, Syria, a note distributed to foreign reporters said the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) was responsible for the bombing.
- February 4, 1980: The French Embassy in Tripoli, Libya was sacked and burned by Islamic demonstrators. Embassy personnel escaped as the mob set fire to the building.
The demonstration was against French intervention in neighboring Tunisia. France had provided military aid to the town of Gafsa to defend them against a Libyan-backed terrorist attack. Libyan radio claimed that France was trying to reassert its old colonial role over all of northern Africa.
The French authorities said that the de4molation of its embassy could only have occurred it it had been sponsored by the Libyan government. As proof, they said, their request for protection as the mob approached went unheeded and fire trucks arrived hours after being called. France subsequently recalled its Ambassador.
- February 5, 1980: Leftist militants in El Salvador took over the Spanish embassy in San Salvador, holding the ambassador and eleven hostages. The Marxist February 28 Popular League said they were demanding an investigation of alleged human rights violations by the Red Cross and the Organization of American States. They also called for the release of other Communists imprisoned in Salvadoran jails.
The takeover sparked threats of reprisals from right-wing groups who said they would burn the Spanish Embassy in a replay of an attack by police on the Spanish Mission in Guatemala City the previous week in which 39 people were killed by Marxist terrorists.
- February 10, 1980: Two Yugoslav engineers were taken hostage in Iraq by terrorists from the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan. The Kurdish jihadists said that the purpose of the kidnapping was to protest Iraqi officers being trained in Yugoslavia to fight Kurdish Muslims in Iraq.
The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) is an offshoot of the Kurdistan Democratic Party. Under the leadership of Sunni Kurd Jalal Talabani, the PUK formed in June 1975, initially becoming a rival combatant to its parent but is now a partner. Like the majority of Kurdish religious, political, and militant groups, the PUK seeks to establish an independent Kurdish state based on a blend of Marxist and Islamic ideals.
Kurdish Muslims are indigenous to a region commonly referred to as Kurdistan. It is composed of northwestern Iran, northeastern Iraq, eastern Syria, and eastern Turkey. Estimated at about 30 million people, the Kurds are one of the largest stateless ethnic groups in the world.
During the 1980s, the PUK was involved in numerous kidnappings of foreign nationals. Their stated purpose was to curb foreign support for Saddam Hussein's government and his oppressive policies towards them. The PUK also launched frequent and effective attacks against Iraqi forces during the Iran-Iraq War as a result of the group's alliance with the Iranian Shi'a mullahs. But being duplicitous Muslims, the PUK also formed an alliance with the Sunni-Pakistani Taliban and then entered into talks with the Iraqi government regarding an agreement to help repel Iranian troops in return for autonomy. Throughout the 1980s and 1990s, Syria, who at the time was a Ba'athist ally of Iraq, was one of the principal supporters of the PUK. They provided safe sanctuary for Jalal Talabani after he was exiled from Iraq for his cooperation with Iran.
During the Gulf War of 2003, the PUK officially supported the US-led coalition in its overthrow of Saddam Hussein. However, at the same time, PUK Muslims were conducting jihadist missions against American troops, killing many of them. Recently PUK militia have allied with coalition forces, and have been involved in the execution of fellow Kurds who were active in fundamentalist Islamic groups such as Ansar al-Islam. Kurdish Islamists opposed the PUK's socialist secular leanings because they sought to establish an Islamic state for Kurds.
Appointed by the United States as a member of the interim Iraq governing council, Jalal Talabani held the presidency of that group during the month of November 2003. In June 2005, Jalal Talabani, Secretary General of the PUK, was appointed President of Iraq by the Iraqi Provisional Council. As such, the terrorist leader gained control over the region's police force, schools, tax collectors, and U.S.-equipped army.
- February 11, 1980: In Israel, a bomb planted in a trashcan by Palestinian terrorists exploded in Petah Tikva, wounding 10 Israelis, one seriously.
- February 18, 1980: The homes of two U.S. Embassy counselors were bombed in Ankara, Turkey.
- February 18, 1980: Islamic terrorists in Turkey used gas-soaked rags to set two cars on fire belonging to soldiers stationed at the NATO headquarters in Izmir. Due to this terrorist incident, the National Security Council of Turkey extended the period and scope of the present condition of its militaristic and dictatorial imposition of martial law.
- March 4, 1980: In Spain, an Arab Muslim seeking to kill a Jewish leader for Allah, mistakenly killed a Spanish lawyer. The police arrested Said Ali Salman, 27, for the submachine gun assault. He was carrying a photo of Max Mazin, his intended victim. Mr. Mazin was president of the Spanish branch of B'nai B'rith . He lived in the same apartment building as the lawyer and looked a lot like the Spaniard.
- March 6, 1980: The Tunisia Consulate was bombed in Paris.
- March 7, 1980: In Germany, an Islamic terrorist group called the Afghanistan People's Mujahideen (Holy Warriors), claimed responsibility for planting a bomb at the Soviet Consulate in West Berlin. The Afghan People's Mujahideen was believed responsible for a bomb planted at Aeroflot office in Frankfurt earlier in the year. This bomb failed to explode.
The APM was made up of the same people and ideology upon which al-Qaeda and the Taliban grew. At the time of the attack, their primary sponsors were America and Pakistan.
- March 10, 1980: Armenian Marxists claimed credit for bombing the Turkish Airlines office in Rome's Piazza della Repubblica. The Armenian Secret Army killed two people in the blast and injured 12 others. A second bomb was calculated to kill or wound those drawn to the scene. An anonymous caller condemned: "Turkish fascism and Italian imperialism which ignore the Armenian cause." We reviewed the circumstances which inspired the "Armenian cause" on January 28, 1973.
The murderers were right and wrong at the same time. Killing innocent civilians for the acts of their parent's government was wrong. It was right to bring attention to what happened in Armenia. The slaughter of the Armenians demonstrated the corrosive nature of Islam, corrupting the moral judgment of the Turkish Muslims sufficiently for them to believe that terrorizing, torturing, robbing, exiling, raping, enslaving, and slaughtering two million defenseless Christians was a good thing to do. Moreover, the religion of Islam is behind the Turkish cover up and denial of the Armenian genocide. The religion of lies and deceptions fosters a climate in which a denial of the facts of history is not only common, but required for Islam to survive. The historic ties of Jews to the land of Israel and Islam's role in the Holocaust are prime examples of Islamic revisionist history. So are all of the Qur'an's corruptions of biblical patriarchs and prophets.
- March 11, 1980: The Spanish supertanker Maria Alejandra exploded and sank off Mauritania, West Africa. Thirty-six of the 43 person crew on board were lost. The ship was in ballast and was only three years old.
- March 17, 1980: A bomb blast ripped through a Yugoslav bank office in a New York City skyscraper. Glass rained down from 30th-floor office windows. An anonymous caller told the FBI later that Croatian Freedom Fighters had placed the bomb and directed agents to a Port Authority bus terminal locker where a letter was found. He said its contents would need to be made public early that evening or two more bombs would be set off.
The three major networks summarized the demands on their evening news programs. The letter stated, "There will be coordinated actions by Croats at home and in emigration until Yugoslavia is destroyed and a free and independent Croatian state is established." Also, "if even one Croat is delivered up to Yugoslavia or to any other country, Croats throughout the world will take action of unforeseen proportions." And when it came to perpetrating horrors of "unforeseen proportions," the Croats were in a league of their own.
The Croatian Freedom Fighters were ostensibly dedicated to creating an independent Croatia based upon Ustashi principles. Croatia was then a province in Socialist Yugoslavia. The CFF conveyed its message and declared its nature by terrorizing Yugoslavian business and financial interests in the United States, as well as by attacking American citizens of Yugoslavian descent.
Members of the Croatian Freedom Fighters were also implicated in the bombing of the Statue of Liberty in 1980, although many other groups also claimed credit that attack. But the CFF's most infamous act of terrorism occured in 1976, when the Croatians hijacked a TWA Airliner en route from New York's LaGuardia to Chicago O'Hare. Then the Croats demanded the release of Croatian prisoners and the distribution of Ustashi propaganda in both France and the United States. The terrorists, led by Zvonko Busic, eventually surrendered to French authorities and were tried and convicted in the United States. In 1987, however, Zvonko Busic escaped from his prison cell in Otisville, NY. Fortunately he was apprehended shortly thereafter. The Croatian Freedom Fighters continued their attacks for three years even with Busic in prison. They were eventually enshrined in terrorist hall of fame when Ustashi terror was rewarded in the 1990s.
Zvonko Busic, a Croatian Roman Catholic and Ustashi, created and led the Croatian Freedom Fighters with his wife Julienne from its inception. Zvonko's wife was arrested in 1976 after hijacking a TWA airliner and sentenced to life in prison. However, she was paroled in 1989, and was hired in 1994 by the Croatian Embassy in Washington D.C. where the terrorist serves as an adviser to the United States on cultural and press affairs.
The story of the Croatian Freedom Fighters and their Ustashi allegiance was first revealed in this timeline on January 26, 1972. It was there we learned that the Coats were the least deserving people on earth to have their own state, much less to have NATO come to their aid against the Orthodox Christian Serbs. But yet that is what happened at the urging of the Iranian mullahs, Catholic pope, and sexually-distracted American president during the Clinton administration. We are going to repeat that story here for those of you who may not be reading this timeline from beginning to end because like the Armenian genocide in Turkey, the Croatian Ustashi genocide was staggering not only in its scale but also stunning with regard to the world's inability to remember it.
The Croatian Ustashi has a long and ugly history, and it is one that torments us today. It begins in the aftermath of Hitler's attack on the Soviet Union in June 1941. Croatia declared war on the USSR and sent an Army division to fight alongside the Nazis on the Eastern Front. After the Japanese Pearl Harbor attack on December 7, 1941, Croatia declared war on the United States.
Beginning on June 12th, 1941, a deal brokered and promoted by the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Muhammad Amin al-Husayni (Husseini), a Palestinian Muslim cleric, political leader, and General in Hitler's SS, and the Nazis on behalf of the Ustashi, restricted the movement of all Jews and Serbs in Croatia. It was then that the mass killings began.
Since this Muslim is important, albeit in the most horrible sense imaginable, you should know that his title "Grand Mufti" means that Muhammad Husayni was considered to be an "Islamic Scholar." The Mufti title was awarded to Islamic clerics who were authorized to interpret the Qur'an, Hadith, Sunnah, and Sharia, and who, based upon their extensive knowledge of Islam, were licensed to issue binding religious dictates called fatwa.
With the Grand Mufti's help, during the four years between 1941 and 1945 the independent State of Croatia executed over 800,000 Orthodox Christian Serbs and Jews in its territory. Most all of the killings were orchestrated by the Ustashi - who were Roman Catholic fascists in league with Islam.
The genocide in Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina was accompanied by ritualistic beheadings in public places replete with sadistic and unbridled celebrations. Thousands of Serbs and Jews were hurled from mountain tops while others were beaten to death with clubs. Entire villages were burned to the ground. Women were raped, including little girls, and men and boys were sent on long death marches in the middle of winter.
And while that was horrid, it was not the end of the story. The devoutly religious Ustashi leader, Dr. Ante Pavelic, called the Croatian Fuehrer, or Poglavnik, is lauded today as a hero. His picture adorns the T-shirts of a new generation of Croatian Ustashi terrorists. The anti-Serbian state that America and NATO helped establish in the 1990s deploys the Ustashi flag, symbols, slogans, and uniforms.
The marriage of Catholicism, Islam, and Nazi-style Fascism is on the surface a strange one. The Encyclopedia of the Holocaust, under the entry Muhammad Husseini - Hitler's Supporter writes: "It so happened that Husseini made his contribution to the Axis war effort in his capacity as a Muslim, rather than as an Arab leader. He did so by recruiting and organizing in record time, during the spring of 1943, Bosnian Muslim Battalions in Croatia comprising some twenty-thousand men, These Islamic volunteer units, called Hanjar (Sword), were put in Waffen SS uniforms and they fought Yugoslav partisans in Bosnia. They also carried out police and security duties in Hungary. They participated in the massacre of civilians in Bosnia and volunteered to join in the hunt for Jews in Croatia. The Germans made a point of publicizing the fact that Husseini had flown from Berlin to Sarajevo for the sole purpose of giving his blessing to the Muslim Nazi SS Army and inspecting its arms and training exercises.".
A photograph of Muhammad al-Husayni, the Grand Mufti, shows him inspecting Muslim troops in Bosnia as they paraded by in SS uniforms and helmets. He was clearly proud of himself, not only for beguiling one in five Muslim men of fighting age into goosestepping with the Nazi war machine, but because of the role he had played in assuring that millions of Jews and Christians would die rather than immigrate out of Nazi-controlled Europe. We detailed the life of this horrid man on his death - July 4, 1974. To learn more about the leading role he played in the Holocaust and how the Mufti became the patriarch of Islamic terror, you will find his sorry life chronicled under Mufti Mujahideen in the Islamic Clubs listing.
The Ustashi held that the Bosnian Muslims were Croats of the Muslim faith, a religion which they saw as similar to Catholicism. So not only were the Muslims not persecuted by the Ustashi, they joined in with them in Muslim Waffen SS divisions. The 13th SS Mountain Division Handschar in Muslim Bosnia was led by the Grand Mufti Muhammad Husayni himself while the 23rd SS Grenadier Division Kama was led by Ustashi Colonel Ivan Markulj, who was later replaced by Colonel Pavelic. The Ustashi state even converted a museum in Zagreb for use as an Islamic mosque.
The Catholic/Muslim Ustashi murdered and tortured Jews and Serbs in indescribably bestial fashion. One of the most notorious concentration camps in Hitler's Europe, Jasenovac, was in Croatia. Here Ustashi Catholics and Muslims used primitive implements in putting their victims to death - knives, axes, hammers and other iron tools. A common practice was binding pairs of prisoners back to back, and then throwing them into the Sava River. Crowds of Jewish children were burned alive in old brick ovens, which were later transformed into crematories. Croat and German sources estimate that 770,000 Orthodox Christian Serbs, 60,000 Jews, and 25,000 Gypsies were murdered in the reign of horror - the worst genocide during World War II in proportion to a nation's population.
The ruler of WWII Croatia was Ante Pavelic, a zealous Croatian Roman Catholic, a racist and anti-Semite. When he founded the Ustashi terrorist organization he said: "A good Ustashi is he who can use his knife to cut a child from the womb of its mother.".
Nonpartisan sources confirm that the mass genocide of Orthodox Christians and Jews was endorsed by the Catholic Church in addition to the Islamic Grand Mufti. Pavelic's Ustashi was officially welcomed by the Catholic hierarchy through Archbishop Alojzije Stepinac. Stepinac was the head of the Council of Bishops in Yugoslavia and also the military apostolic vicar of the Ustashi army. Pope Pius XII not only bestowed his paternal protection upon Pavelic and the new Croatian state but allied the Roman Catholic church with Italian, Spanish, and German fascism. When World War II ended and the Roman Catholic Church's allies were defeated, Pavelic, who had sponsored the murder of 850,000 people, hid at the Vatican before going to Argentina.
Vjekoslav Luburic, commander-in-chef of all the Ustashi Croatian death camps, announced the great efficiency of this slaughterhouse at a ceremony and banquet, by reporting with pride: "We have slaughtered here at Jasenovac more people than the Ottoman Empire was able to do during its occupation of Europe." Ah, but the Ottoman's were still helping. They were the reason so many Croatian Muslims had signed up to assist the holocaust.
In the concentration camp at Jasenovac, on the night of August 29, 1942, orders were issued for mass executions. So bets were made as to who could liquidate the largest number of inmates. That night, Ustashi guard Peter Brzica cut the throats of 1,360 Serbs and Jews with a butcher's knife. Having been proclaimed the winner of the competition, he was elected King of the Cutthroats. A gold watch, a silver tea service, and a roasted pig and wine were his other rewards.
He evidently beat out a Catholic priest for his prize. A photograph taken that night shows a smiling Ustashi member in a uniform with large "U" on his cap (the "U" was for "Ustashi"). A note on the photo proclaims: "The former priest Miroslav Filipovic-Majstorovic, a member of the Jasenovac camp staff, was one of the cruelest murderers, one who killed scores of prisoners with his own hands. He was known as "Father Devil.".
The New Encyclopedia Britannica, in its 1986 edition, reports: "Catholic monks and other priests are alleged to have taken an active part in this struggle for the ‘purity' of the Croatian land.".
Ruth Mitchell, in her recent book on the subject, writes: "I began to get news from Croatia that told of slowly rising tide of murders, of unrepeatable atrocities, of massacres of defenseless Serbs by berserk-mad Croatians and by Muslims in Bosnian Croatia. In the little back parlors the tales were whispered. I could not believe a quarter of them. Unfortunately, I was soon to know that they were a weak understatement of the truth. Men were to arrive in Dubrovnik itself, hung with strings of Serbian tongues and with bowls of Serbian eyes for sale. The magnitude and the bestial nature of these atrocities makes it difficult to believe that such a thing could have happened in an allegedly civilized part of the world.".
A high-ranking Croat state official and Ustashi leader, Mile Budak, declared in Gospic on July 22, 1941: "We shall slay one third of the Serbian population, drive away another third, and the rest we shall convert to the Roman Catholic faith and thus assimilate them into becoming Croats. Thus we will destroy every trace of theirs, and all that which will be left, will be an evil memory of them.".
The Ustashi movement had its marching orders and began killing infants, children, women and aged Serbs and Jews. While they fell somewhat short of their "one-third" goals, it was not for lack of trying. At least 800,000 Serbs and Jews were killed, 200,000 Serbs were forced to convert to Catholicism, and quarter of a million more were forced into exile with their land, homes, and businesses confiscated by the Ustashi Muslim-Catholic alliance.
After the war, Bosnia-Herzegovina and other territories were included into Croatia, leaving the Ustashi to govern a population of seven million, of whom half were Croats, two million were Serbs, and one million were Muslims. The Minister of Education, the same Mile Budak we had heard from before, clarified the Ustasha aims: "Our new Croatia will get rid of all Serbs in our midst in order to become one hundred percent Catholic within ten years." It wasn't very nice of him to slight his Muslim friends. But lucky for him, as we shall soon see, the Pope came to their rescue.
Moving forward in time, we find that nothing much has changed. A Croatian Radio broadcast transcribed by the BBC's Summary of World program on August 28, 1995, revealed: "And there can be no return to the past, to the times when the Serbs were spreading cancer in the heart of Croatia, cancer which was destroying the Croatian national being and which did not allow the Croatian people to be the master in its own house and did not allow Croatia to lead an independent and sovereign life under this wide, blue sky and within the world community of sovereign nations. The Serbians driven from their homes by the Croatian Army didn't even have the time to take with them their filthy foreign currency or their knickers." The quote was from Franjo Tudjman, President of the Independent State of Croatia. And that causes one to question why Bill Clinton elected to intervene on behalf of the Croat Ustashi/Muslim alliance and against the Orthodox Christian Serbs.
The new American and NATO supported state was modeled on its Nazi predecessor. The genesis occured when Croatia violently seceded from Yugoslavia in June 1991 as a direct result of the German-American strategy of using terrorist forces to break up Yugoslavia. Tudjman had been trained by U.S. forces. He was armed by Germany. He had U.S. fighter-bombers flying air support for his Croatian Army. As a result, his Ustashi drove another 250,000 Serbs from their ancestral homes.
While the victims of the Ustashi are portrayed as the villains in the Balkans, the truth remains that Serbian farmers have owned and cultivated this land and have lived in the Krajina for over 400 years. Yet the New York Times, in support of their president, called these Serbs "rebels," thus lending legitimacy to the continuing nightmare. The Times' caption under pictures of Serbian refugees being stoned as they fled the neo-Ustashi offensive read: "Thousands of Serbs have been displaced in the Croatian offensive that recaptured three-quarters of a territory seized by Serbian forces in 1991." (The New York Times, August 10, 1995) It was not true.
The infamous Yugoslavian dictator Tito, was himself a Croat. The Communist dictator ordered the Ustashi genocide of the Serbs and Jews to be forgotten - to allow a new "Brotherhood and Unity" under his socialist dominion. The mountains of Serbian and Jewish corpses were plowed down and cemented over. And surviving Serbs were ordered not to come to the mass graves and morn their dead.
Ustashi Catholics and Muslims received positions in Tito's government. The Nazi elite (including the Croatian Fuehrer Pavelic) escaped through Vatican organized channels. The Roman Catholic Croatian priesthood became instrumental in helping some 50,000 of the worst European Nazis escape justice. And the whole operation was done with the full knowledge of British and American intelligence. The CIA proclaimed that the fascist murderers were "freedom fighters" against the Red Flood of Soviet aggression. They even incorporated them into the spy agency en masse. Many got positions in State Department and other government institutions. For a dose of reality from the recently declassified documents, read Unholy Trinity, by Mark Aarons and John Loftus.
But since Tito was a Communist, the Yugoslav economy collapsed, and the Ustashi, unencumbered by their former foe, came back to roost. Under the same Ustashi flag, and using the same rhetoric, Dr. Franjo Tudjman, became a holocaust revisionist and apologist for Hitler and the Nazi killing machine. For this, he won the first elections for new democratic and independent State of Croatia.
Today, Muslims and Catholic Croats are once again united. Their only common goal is to slaughter and expel the remaining Orthodox Christian Serbs and Jews. But this time it is different, the ethnic cleansing is being done with the direct aid and support of the United States.
The Ustashi flag flies in front of the United Nations. It flies in Jasenovac above the mass graves of 700,000 victims. And on May 1st, 1995, the Croatian army carrying the Ustashi flag, broke through the UN lines with the knowledge and support of Washington. They flooded into the so called "United Nations Protected Zone - West." The Serbs, who had been ordered by the international community to disarm had put down their weapons under UN supervision just days before. Now they were ripe for the slaughter. Ustashi tanks drove over civilians. Women and children were machine-gunned. A few thousand more were murdered in cold blood at pointblank range. All the while, the media praised the "liberation" of Croatia from those reprehensible Christians.
Since the end of the last world war, Germany has worked to create a re-born Ustashi state in Croatia, something that has caused considerable consternation among the Serbs. This concern was further heightened by the effort of the top Muslim leader in Bosnia, Alija Izetbegovic - a man who had been associated with Fascist/Muslim youth groups during the war. While Izetbegovic has been championed as a proponent of multiculturalism in the Western media; this was a blatant misrepresentation of his political and religious philosophy. Alija Izetbegovic wanted to turn Bosnia into an Islamic state and secede from the Confederation.
Diana Johnstone, an independent journalist who has written extensively on the conflict in the Balkans writes: "To his own countrymen, Izetbegovic has made his beliefs clear, that once a country has a Muslim majority, it should be ruled according to Islamic law. Islam, he insists, rejects the Western secular division between religion and political power. In Bosnia, demographic trends have recently caused the Muslim population to exceed that of the Serbs and might soon constitute an absolute majority. The prospect of having to live as a minority in an Islamic state was unacceptable to the Serbs, who as Christians had for centuries been reduced to serf status under the Islamic Ottoman Empire, which accorded all social, economic and political privileges to Muslims.".
Since memories are short, in 1991 and 1992 both Croatia and Slovenia, predominantly Catholic republics, declared their independence and Croatian President Franjo Tudjman came to power, ruling under the Ustashi flag. The Vatican was the first to recognize Croatian independence. Then, as predictable as sunrise, toward the end of 1993 Muslim militants begin their jihad against non-Islamic interests in the Balkans. Iran sent financial aid and several hundred revolutionary guards as military instructors to Bosnia.
Pope John Paul II, still in alliance with Islam, worked against the Orthodox Christian Serbs who had been forced to defend themselves once again against Islamic terrorism. The Pope pressured Western leaders to step in and the United States sent covert arms to the Muslims.
An important factor in the Roman Catholic support of the Muslim/Catholic Ustashi alliance against the Serbs was Opus Dei (The Work of God), a secret order with huge sums of money and 80,000 members worldwide. The most exhaustive book on the group, Their Kingdom Come: Inside the Secret World of Opus Dei, written by investigative reporter Robert Hutchson in 1997, says: "In 1994 Croatian Defense Minister Gojko Susak appealed to the Clinton administration for help ‘in educating the Croatian General Staff .' The State Department agreed to let Military Professional Resources go to Zagreb after a visit to the Croatian capital in September 1994 by Pope John Paul, who urged the Croats to continue standing firm for Christendom.
"The MPR team was led by retired U.S. Army generals and colonels. Its aim was to change Croatia's army into one that could get battlefield superiority over Serbia. Upon Croatia's request, Iran was also given the opportunity to ship arms to Bosnian Muslims through Croatia so they could fight the Serbs.
"While these developments with Croatia were taking place, John Paul was advised by Opus Dei leaders to form an alliance with Islamic fundamentalists to prevent the September 1994 United Nations-sponsored Cairo Conference on Population and Development from approving contraception and abortion. A papal envoy was sent to Iran and to Libya a month before the conference and deals were arranged for fundamentalist Islamic support in Cairo. Opus Dei also organized a closed-door conference in Barcelona, Spain, in early 1995 to deal with Islamic immigration to Europe because Islam was winning recruits among Europe's Catholics each year. These efforts were part of the Vatican's larger strategy to deal with Islam - enlisting others to fight the Vatican's wars.
Opus Dei operates on the basis of two rules, both of which are indistinguishable from Hasan's Islamic Fedayeen: "The lesson is clear, crystal clear: All things are lawful for me, but not all things are expedient," and "Dirty clothes are washed at home.".
Continuing on with the Catholic-Islamic alliance, In February 1993 John Paul visited Khartoum, the capital of Sudan, where the worst genocide since WWII was occurring. The Arab Muslim government in Khartoum was well on their way to murdering 2.7 million Africans, most of whom were Animists. To accommodate the Pope, the Sudanese government cleaned up the Cathedral at Khartoum and prepared a nearby square for his open-air mass. Not long thereafter the Pope's visit, Sudanese Muslims began a new offensive against the south. The Vatican did not respond.
All the while, the new Croatian regime was mirroring the Ustashi of old, right down to its Fascist, pro-Nazi roots and Islamic alliances. With each passing day there were more ominous signs that the country had been reawakened to its evil past by the Saudis and Iranians, by the Vatican and Washington. The Fascist's brief socialist slumber is now little more than a faded memory.
The British Telegraph's Robert Fox reported in 1993 that the old Muslim Sword SS Division had been reformed. Speaking of their reincarnation, he said: "These are the men of the Handzar Division. ‘We do everything with the knife, and we always fight on the frontline,' a Handzar told one U.N. officer. Up to 6000 strong, the reconstituted Handzar Division glories in its fascist culture. They see themselves as the heirs of the SS Handzar Division, formed by Bosnian Muslims in 1943 to fight for the Nazis. Their spiritual model was Mohammed Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem who sided with Hitler. According to the U.N. officials, ‘many of them are Albanian, whether from Kosovo...or from Albania itself.' They are trained and led by veterans from Afghanistan and Pakistan, say U.N. sources. Their first political act as a reconstituted militia was the murder of the two monks in a local monastery. As was the case in the Ustashi Croatia of Hitler's era, the police guard mysteriously disappeared a few minutes before the strike.".
As with Bosnia's reborn Handzar Division, in Croatia Serb-cleansing found an aspiring Albanian volunteer, Agim Ceku. This Serb-hunting enthusiast high-tailed it to Croatia and became a colonel in the Croat army. He led Croatian troops in the 1993 offensive on Medak Pocket, where Serbs had been concentrated. Canadian journalist Scott Taylor wrote: "It was here that the men of the 2nd Battalion of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry came face to face with the savagery of which Agim Ceku was capable. Over 200 Serbian inhabitants of the Medak Pocket were slaughtered in a grotesque manner (the bodies of female rape victims were found after being burned alive). Our traumatized troops who buried the grisly remains were encouraged to collect evidence and were assured that the perpetrators would be brought to justice.".
Nevertheless in 1995, Ceku, by then trained by U.S. instructors as a general of artillery, was still at large. In fact, he was the officer responsible for shelling the Serbian refugee columns and for targeting the UN-declared "safe" city of Knin during the Croatian offensive known as Operation Storm - which even the New York Times called "the largest single ethnic cleansing event of the war." Some 500 innocent Serbian civilians perished in those merciless barrages. Senior Canadian officers who witnessed the slaughter demanded that Ceku be indicted, but their pleas fell of deaf ears.
Today, the mass murdering Ceku is the Prime Minister of Kosovo. He enjoyed a warm reception from Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice when the two met over the summer to discuss how best to speed along independence for the Serbian province this war criminal governs, bereft of the rule of law and beholden to Islamic terrorists. As evidence, the "bin Laden Mosque," built in 2001 (aptly enough), stands tall in Kosovo, where Bill Clinton murals and Wesley Clark Streets are almost as prevalent as bin Laden keychains.
Throughout the NATO air campaign against the Serbian Christians, Ceku, who was commanding KLA terrorists, was portrayed as a loyal ally and was frequently included in NATO briefings with top generals such as Wesley Clark and Michael Jackson. Yet at the time he was driving the remaining Christian Serbs from their land, while harassing gypsies, Jews, Ashkalis, Gorani, and other non-Muslim or non-Albanians in Kosovo.
In 1995, the London Evening Standard's Edward Pearce wrote: "you can understand Croatia best by saying flatly that if there is one place in the world where a statue of Adolph Hitler would be revered, it would be in Zagreb.".
An AP report that same year revealed that American NATO Commander Gregory Fontenot turned to two African American soldiers in his brigade and said, "It'll be interesting to hear how you two are received because the Croatians are racist...They kill people for the color of their skin.".
In 1998, New York Times columnist A.M. Rosenthal wrote: "In World War II, Hitler had no executioners more willing, no ally more passionate, than the fascists of Croatia. They are returning, 50 years later, from what should have been their eternal grave, the defeat of Nazi Germany. The Western Allies who dug that grave with the bodies of their servicemen had the power to stop them, but did not." On the contrary, America happily assisted them, bombing the Serbian Christians the Croatian Ustashi had slaughtered en masse.
In a 1997 Washington Times article titled "Pro-Nazi extremism lingers in Croatia," they reported: "A German tank rolls through a small village, and the peasants rush out, lining the road with their right arms raised in a Nazi salute as they chant ‘Heil Hitler.' Mobs chase minorities from their homes, kicking them and pelting them with eggs as they flee into the woods. Europe in the 1940s? No. Croatia in the 1990s.".
In 2000, Julius Strauss wrote in the Daily Telegraph, "Five years may have passed since the end of the Bosnian war but in Ljubuski, one of dozens of Croat villages scattered through the mountains of southwestern Bosnia, hardliners are still in control. By way of greeting, the Croat party official said: ‘I hope you're not a Jew or an American. My father fought at Stalingrad. He wore the German insignia with pride. At the end it was only us Croats who stayed faithful to the SS.'".
Also in 2000, The Washington Post reported: "It was not unusual to see such chilling graffiti as: ‘We Croats do not drink wine, we drink the blood of Serbs from Knin,'...the capital of the Krajina region of Croatia where hundreds of thousands of Serbs were ethnically cleansed in 1995 by troops commanded by General Gotovina.".
In her latest book Nazi Nostalgia in Croatia, Balkans expert Diana Johnstone wrote: "When I visited Croatia three years ago, the book most prominently displayed in the leading bookstores of the capital city Zagreb was a new edition of the notorious anti-Semitic classic , The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Next came the memoirs of the World War II Croatian fascist Ustashe dictator Ante Pavelic, who was responsible for the organized genocide of Serbs, Jews and Romany gypsies that began in 1941, well before the German Nazi ‘final solution.'" Mired in a horrid past, in Zagreb today visiting Germans are often embarrassed when Croats enthusiastically welcome them with a raised arm and a Nazi "Heil!".
While the Russian Protocols farce was the best selling book in 1999 Croatia, the neo-Ustashi have made a new edition of Mein Kampf the top seller this year. The magazine Globus reported: "Mein Kampf is selling like hotcakes in all segments of Croatian society." Today, Croatia arrogantly flies its fascist flag without fear of condemnation from the world. It has renamed its streets after its Nazi war heroes, and proudly displays its ‘Sieg Heil' salute at weddings, funerals, and other public functions.
As we were augmenting the array of evidence included in the 1980 timeline, a research contributor sent us a contemporary update on the status of the Croatian Ustashi. Richard Gere (in Bosnia) and Nicole Kidman (in Kosovo) have teamed up to further the politically-correct myth that the Serbian Christians are villains and not victims. The self-proclaimed experts and leftist do-gooders were polluted by the fabricated tales of Albanian Muslims. They evidently weren't interested in talking with the real victims in this case - the people the Ustashi Roman Catholics and Bosnian/Albanian Muslims slaughtered. But to be fair, that's not easy these days because the NATO has enclosed the surviving Serbs in remote, tightly guarded refugee camps.
Gere's movie entitled Spring Break in Bosnia portrays the victims of genocide as the terrorists - something that his become popular in Hollywood's secular socialist circles because the Serbs are Orthodox Christians. Shooting the movie among the Ustashi Croatians and Muslim Bosnians has been problematic, however, because the real terrorists are frightening the actors. After only a week of shooting, Gere bailed out, saying he was "too scared to stay." According to the BBC, "Gere disappeared down a small street in Sarajevo's Turkish quarter to film the next scene where the actor was put through his paces in the shadow of a mosque.".
Croatian film director Antun Vrdoljak has cast his son-in-law, ER actor Goran Visnjic, to play the role of the Hague's top Croatian war crimes suspect Ante Gotovina. Vrdoljak said he wanted to make the feature film because General Gotovina was "a real hero of the homeland war. General Gotovina is a metaphor for today's Croatia," Vrdoljak told the BBC.
According to London's Independent, "posters with Visnjic's photos are still plastered across Croatia. T-shirts, mugs and lighters bearing his image are sold and the Spanish wine he was drinking when arrested quickly sold out when it appeared in Croatian stores in December.".
Mass murdering Bosnian Muslims and Roman Catholic Croats like Visnjic are routinely acquitted by the International Court in the Hague. These Ustashi killers are released to a hero's welcome while Serbs are rounded up and treated like cattle, with many being convicted of killing people who are not actually dead. For example, consider the subject of Gere's fascination - Karadzic. This Serb is being accused of "ordering the massacre of 8,000 Muslim males." Of these, 5,000 were simply reported missing by their families when they fled to fight elsewhere. Of those, 3,000 have since voted in local elections. The remaining 3,000 have since been found in and around Srebrenica. Some of these have since died, but they lost their lives during the intervening three years of fighting when Srebrenica Muslims raided Serb villages killing thousands of Christians. And that means that Serbs are accused of killing people who are not actually dead while Coat Ustashi and Bosnian Muslims are acquitted of genocide. But that's understandable since murdering Christians has become an internationally sanctioned activity. Not only has the slaughter of 800,000 Christian Serbs been forgotten, so has the murder of 1,300,000 Armenian Christians by the Muslim Turks and 2,700,000 African Christians and Animists by the Sudanese Muslims.
- March 21, 1980: In Italy, the body of Mohammed Salem Retemi, a Libyan businessman, was found in the trunk of his abandoned sports car in Rome. Retemi had left Libya in 1977, resentful of the nationalization of his business by Qadhafi. Other assassinations against Libyan dissidents suggest that they were all perpetrated by a state- administered campaign which was directed by the OPECing dictator.
- April 7, 1980: Palestinian jihadists snuck across the Lebanese border and seized nine Jewish infants, taking them as hostages from a children's dormitory in a kibbutz. The immoral Muslim assault came on last day of the Passover-Unleavened Bread-FirstFruits Festival.
Israeli troops were quickly dispatched to rescue the children. The IDF killed the five Palestinian terrorists who had taken the children hostage in a bid for the release of convicted jihadists sidelined in Israeli prisons. One infant was killed and four other young children were wounded. The kibbutz secretary and an Israeli soldier were also killed during the rescue attempt.
The terrorist attack coincided with the departure of President Anwar Sadat of Egypt for talks in Washington on granting self-rule to Palestinians in a state carved out of Israel. The Arab Liberation Front, an Iraqi-backed gang of Palestinian thugs claimed credit for the raid.
The Arab Liberation Front was a somewhat secular Fascist-Socialist-Muslim terror group. They were founded in April 1969 by Iraqi Ba'athist party members as an alliance between the governments of Iraq, Egypt, and Syria and Arafat's Fatah/Palestinian Liberation Organization. The goal of the terrorist enterprise was to destroy Israel and establish a Fascist-Socialist-Muslim dictatorial state in its place.
Oddly enough, some say that the ALF was founded as a pan-Arab counterweight to the PLO, designed to diminish the Palestinian orientation of the Arab/Islamic-Israeli conflict. But if that were true, why would Iraq, Syria, and Egypt partner with Arafat's PLO? The answer to that question is actually quite important. You see, dictators need enemies to keep their citizens oppressed. What better enemy for a somewhat secular Fascist-Socialist-Muslim regime than Jews. So to convince Iraqis that he was fighting Jews on their behalf, and thereby keeping them safe from their evil schemes, Saddam Hussein created and funded a mujahideen group in Israel for which he could claim credit.
Regardless of its orientation, due to Iraq's role in establishing the group, and OPEC's role in funding them, the Arab Liberation Front functioned as a proxy for the Iraqi Ba'athist regime. It increased Iraq's influence within the Palestinian communities in Israel, Jordan, and Lebanon. Yet despite all of this posturing, the ALF was forced to merge into the PLO in July 1969 - less than three months from its inception - to stay viable.
The ALF has become a small, marginalized group within the Palestinian terrorist sphere because it is out of step with the dramatic shift of Islam toward fundamentalism in recent years. In the land of Salafi Islam, a Fascist-Socialist-Muslim terror group cannot successfully compete for jihadists with the likes of HAMAS, Hizballah, and Islamic Jihad.
While the ALF has continued to conduct small attacks against Israeli targets under the umbrella of the PLO, the group has shifted away from conducting its own operations to financing Palestinian suicide bombers associated with organizations like HAMAS, Hizballah, Islamic Jihad, Fatah, and al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades. Under the label of the ALF, Iraq made a practice of sending the families of a suicide bomber $20,000 - a fortune in a place impoverished by Islam. With open financial and political assistance from Saddam Hussein's OPEC regime, the ALF disbursed millions of dollars to the families of Palestinian "martyrs" who successfully killed Jews.
With the removal of the Iraqi Ba'athist regime, the OPECers in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Iran have increased their inducements and rewards so that killing Jews remains a profitable affair.
- April 11, 1980: In the United Kingdom, Mohammad (Muhammad) Mustafa Ramadan, a Libyan journalist and a opponent of Colonel Qadhafi, was assassinated as he was handing out copies of an Arabic publication outside the Islamic Center in London. The journalist worked for the Arabic newspaper on a free-lance basis and was described as a Muslim activist and a political exile from Libya. The two gunmen were believed to be Libyans. Qaddafi recently made a speech calling for the killing of opponents of his revolution who live abroad. Ramadan had recently received threatening letters from a group calling themselves "Popular Committee for the Elimination of Enemies of the Revolution." The two gunmen were arrested, and in September 1980 were sentenced to life imprisonment.
- April 16, 1980: Three Turkish gunmen shot and killed U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer Sam Novello and his Turkish driver, in a residential section of Istanbul. One of the attackers was killed in a gun battle with police following the shooting and two others were captured. Three security agents and a passer-by were wounded.
- April 17, 1980: Armenian guerrillas shot and wounded the Turkish ambassador to the Vatican and his driver in a campaign to remind the world of the genocide of Armenians in Turkey in 1915. A group called the Justice Commandos of the Armenian Genocide telephoned Reuters news agency to claim responsibility. The caller said, "Our only aim is to strike against Turkish diplomats and Turkish institutions all over the world.".
While the JC were not an Islamic terrorist group, their existence was entirely based upon Islamic terrorism.
- April 18, 1980: In Lebanon, two Irish soldiers assigned to a U.N. convoy were abducted by teenage militiamen four miles from the Israeli border. They were later found shot inside an enclave controlled by the Lebanese Army commanded by Major Haddad. The major said that his men did not carry out the execution-style slayings. It is interesting to note that the Irish battalion of the U.N. peace-keeping force had become sympathetic to the Palestinian Liberation Organization.
- April 18, 1980: In Lebanon, Iran's charge d'affaires, Jawad Yirdajaei, was shot and wounded by pro-Iraqi Palestinian gunmen in front of the Iranian Embassy in Beirut.
- April 19, 1980: In Italy, a Libyan businessman, Abdul Aref, was shot to death in the Cafe de Paris, in Rome. Two days after his death, a spokesman for the Libyan Embassy told reporters the Libyan Revolutionary Committees had decided "to eliminate all traitors" who did not return to Libya by June 10th.
- April 19, 1980: A rocket directed at the Turkish Consulate in Marseilles, France was discovered and dismantled before it exploded. A cleaning person was said to have noticed the rocket in the garden and called the police who summoned experts to disarm the weapon. The rocket was connected to a timer and was positioned to fire into the consulate and explode.
- April 21, 1980: In Switzerland, Israeli security agents foiled a plot to blow up an El Al jetliner when they found a bomb in the luggage of a German who was booked aboard a flight to Tel Aviv. The bomb was connected to a timing device. A spokesman for Israel said in Tel Aviv that it was believed terrorists placed the bomb in the German's luggage without his knowledge. Israel had warned its citizens to be alert to possible terrorist attacks, as Israelis were celebrating their Independence Day.
- April 22, 1980: In Belgrade, Yugoslavia, a bombing attack was made on the PLO liaison office.
- April 22, 1980: In Israel, a grenade was thrown at a bus outside Jerusalem, Arafat's Fatah was responsible.
- April 25, 1980: Carter's attempted rescue of Americans still held hostage in Iran failed due to operational shortfalls and a helicopter accident. Eight more Americans died. Their charred bodies were paraded about in Teheran.
- April 25, 1980: Two Libyan gunmen entered the London offices of an Arab legal consultant, asked for him by name, then shot him as employees looked on. The victim, Mahmoud Nafa, was known as a leading Qadhafi opponent.
- April 25, 1980: In France, a bomb was detonated in the Toulouse suburb offices of an American agricultural equipment company. Credit for the bombing was claimed in a telephone call by a group calling itself "Self-Defense Against All Authority." These Muslims then said that their attack was a reprisal against American intervention in Iran.
- April 30, 1980: Six Iranian Muslims seized the Iranian embassy in the U.K., taking 26 people hostage. Two of their hostages were murdered before SAS forces stormed the Embassy, killing five of six terrorists and freeing the remaining captives six days later.
The Sunni Muslims who led the attack were sponsored by Iraq. They were "opposed to the Shiite Muslims who under the Ayatollah Khomeini's spell in Iran." Thirteen years later, Iran and England agreed to a mutual compensation package and repaired one another's embassies. To which, Iran's president said: "We were victorious.".
The Muslims who perpetrated the assault claimed to be members of the "Group of the Martyrs." They demanded autonomy for their oil-rich southern province in Iran addition to the release of 91 prisoners being held in Khuzestan. They wanted the prisoners flown to London and then safe passage guaranteed for all, including the hostages, out of the country. They pledged to not harm non-Iranian hostages and apologized for the trouble they were causing London.
The Group of Martyrs wanted to deal directly with the Khomeini government but Iran sent an open letter to the gunmen refusing their demands and stating that the Khuzistan prisoners would be executed if any of the embassy staff came to harm. Bani-Sadr said his government "was ready to accept the martyrdom of our children in England" rather than submit to blackmail.
On the 5th of May, shots were heard and a dead hostage was dumped out the front door of the embassy. The gunmen informed police that they would kill an additional hostage every 30 minutes until their new demands were met - that now being simply the safe passage out of the country. But instead of facilitating this solution, the British anti-terrorist unit of the Special Air Service Regiment (SAS) stormed the embassy, killing five terrorists and rescuing 19 hostages.
However, explosions caused by stun-grenades used by the SAS to disorient the terrorists and catch them by surprise, quickly spread a fire through the building and eventually gutted the embassy. As the hostages were rushed out of the building to safety, one of the jihadists was mistaken for a hostage. Fowzi Nejad, 23, was later discovered and arrested. Nicknamed "Baby Face" by the hostages, he was called a "good boy" by the Iranians.
- May 6, 1980: The Zionist Militant Resistance made its first appearance with the bombing of the Libyan Embassy in Paris. Some parked cars were damaged and a wall was scorched but that was about it. An anonymous caller claimed credit for the tepid assault saying, "This action is a reply to the tortures Jews are subjected to in all Arab countries, and should show Paris that the resistance is organizing."
- May 7, 1980: A bomb damaged a building housing the North African Muslim Students Association. The outlawed Charles Martel organization claimed credit for the blast. The group had been blamed for other attacks against Arab targets in France.
The Charles Martel Group, also known as the Charles Martel Club, was an anti-Arab organization that operated in the 1970s and 1980s in France. The majority of its attacks were on Algerian government and business installations. Algeria, a former French colony, had fought a bitter war for independence, and many Algerian refugees were settling in France at this time.
The Charles Martel group's namesake, was a famous figure in French history. His defeat of the Muslim Moorish armies at Tours in 732 was the motivation for this terrorist group's invocation of his name. Members of the Secret Army Organization, a terrorist organization aimed at toppling the French government due to its eventual support for Algerian independence, also used this name in the 1960s. In the United States, the Charles Martel Society is an anti-immigration academic society.
- May 10, 1980: In Italy, Abdullah Mohammad El Kazmil, a foe of Colonel Qadhafi, and a Libyan businessman, was assassinated in the Turin Hotel in Rome. After a conversation with his countrymen, whom he apparently knew, they shot him and fled.
- May 10, 1980: In West Germany, Omran el-Mehdawi, the former Secretary for Economics and Finance in Libya's Embassy, was assassinated by a gunman who said he worked for the Libyan Information office.
In 1975 the Libyan government announced it was nationalizing all industries - a nice way of saying that Qadhafi was confiscating them. El-Mehdawi was one of many Libyan businessmen who fled, taking whatever he could with him to Europe, thus incurring the wrath of the Marxist Muslim OPECer.
- May 11, 1980: The Algerian consulate in Paris was bombed. Credit was claimed by the Charles Martel Club in a handwritten tract left inside the building. The tract stated the organization was against the Church, the Jews, and Islam, and for the white race. While the Charles Martel Club was xenophobic, their hostility towards Islam was justified.
- May 12, 1980: In El Salvador, Marxists exploded a bomb during the night in front of the U.S. Embassy. The incident occurred only hours after the end of the siege on the residence of the American Ambassador.
U.S. Marines and American Ambassador Robert White's bodyguards used tear gas and a bulletproof truck to break the siege in San Salvador by Salvadorans opposed to Marxism. The Marines and bodyguards lobbed tear gas canisters to scatter about 30 militants. The anti-Communists accused White of being a Communist and demanded that he pressure the government to release their jailed leader (Major Roberto d'Abuisson). Hundreds of demonstrators announced they would continue to lay siege to the U.S. Embassy until the United States ordered his withdrawal. The demonstrators accuse Ambassador White of meddling too much in Salvadoran internal affairs.
- May 15, 1980: In France, Corsican terrorists tossed a grenade and opened fire at police guarding the Iranian Embassy in Paris. Four officers were wounded, one seriously. The outlawed Corsican National Liberation Front (Fronte Paesanu Corsu di Liberazione) claimed responsibility for the attack. A separatist spokesman telephoned police to say the attack was directed at the French government and not the Iranian embassy. So why target a Shia facility?
The CNLF does not have a well-established ideology. While it could be called leftist leaning, pro-Sunni, anti-colonial, and sexist, Marxists and Muslims, liberals and conservatives, were equally accommodated - anything but women. They were not allowed to join it, its Ghuustizia Paolina partner, or their more infamous and illegitimate FLNC offspring.
By way of history, two Corsican terrorist organizations, the Ghjustizia Paolina and the Fronte Paesanu Corsu di Liberazione merged in 1976 to form the FLNC. With their combined strength they detonated two thousand bombs in the late 1970s and 1980s. The group was splintered again, and again, in the early 1990s due to political rivalries. Then in 1997, the FLNC's most popular splinter group decided to end its reign of terror. However, the Canal Historique derivative saw this as an opportunity and expanded its operations, re-adopting of the name FLNC. Cease fires and breaches thereof, splintering and reuniting have characterized the FLNC since December 1999. Its lack of a cohesive identity have probably contributed to the organization's instability. It isn't enough just to hate.
The actual number of FLNC members is hard to determine, but it was always less than one-thousand. There were at least 600 because that was the number of armed militants present during a nocturnal press conference the FLNC conducted on January 11th, 1996 in the Corsican village of Tralonca. These remarkably active terrorists limited their activities to Corsica, continental France, and towns considered to represent the Corsican diaspora like Marseille, Nice, Toulon, Paris, and Lyon. The FLNC was funded by way of armed bank robberies, extortion by way of the Islamic "protection tax," and kidnapping for ransom. While there methods were mostly Islamic, so were many of their targets.
FLNC attacks were principally aimed at public infrastructure, banks, tourist facilities, military or police buildings, or other symbolic targets in Corsica. In the early 1990s, rivalries between the different factions led to scores of people being killed.
The purpose of their destructive campaign was to achieve independent statehood for the small island of Corsica and to preserve the Corsican language (an Italian dialect) and culture. But they are not an equal opportunity gang. An influx of North Africans led to an increase in racial violence and discrimination perpetrated in the name of the FLNC. The group openly advocated preferential treatment for racial Corsicans over Africans.
French Prime Minister Lionel Jospin was the first to engage in talks with the Corsican terrorists. He negotiated the brief 1999 ceasefire. In July 2000, he proposed that the island be allowed a significant degree of autonomy including local legislation and the ability to teach the Corsican dialect and curriculum in schools. In July of 2003, however, Corsicans narrowly rejected the French offer of self-determination in a referendum by a 51% to 49% vote.
So upon what was the Corsican "culture" based, why were these terrorists racist and sexist, why did the FLNC attack a Shia target, and why did so few people commit so many terrorist acts, more per capita than anywhere else in the world?
Corsica is part of France, a resolutely secular nation which is now home to the largest Islamic population in Europe. The mountainous Mediterranean resort island is southeast of France, west of Italy, and just north of Sardinia. It supports a population of just slightly less than a quarter of a million people.
The island was under Carthaginian domination until 237 BCE when it was taken by the Romans. Then, in 827, the island came under Islamic dominion as Muslim armies marched through southern and western Europe. It was liberated by the Italians in 1091. The Genoese controlled Corsica until the they sold the island to France in 1768. So do you suppose that the answers to our vexing questions are hidden within this history? After all, where there is Islam there is racism, sexism, and terrorism. And once a land is conquered by Islam, Muslims think it is theirs forever, and that would explain why less than 250,000 people think they need their own country, and why they have committed 2,000 acts of terrorism in less than 10 years.
The Muslims who live in Corsica say that the violence there is a legacy of the Crusades, and therefore in their minds, it is the result of unprovoked Christian hostility toward Muslims. Most Islamic terrorists agree, justifying their attacks on the West by saying "the Crusaders are once again stealing Muslim lands." But is there any evidence that Christians, Crusaders or otherwise, ever stole land which legitimately belonged to Muslims? In other words, are the Islamic justifications for terror valid?
The Islamic navy gained control of Sicily, Malta, Sardinia, and Corsica in 827 CE. Their occupation of the islands was part of their conquest of Spain, France, and Italy, beginning in the 8th century and continuing through the 11th. Islam would control this Mediterranean archipelago for a little more than 260 years. After fighting a series of successful defensive battles against the advancing Islamic jihadists outside Rome in 1090, the Roman Catholics went on to emancipate of Corsica in 1091. With the Muslim naval superiority in the Mediterranean waning, and with their advance on southern and western Europe stymied, European potentates and clergy launched the first crusade in 1095.
This "Christian" response, while it is not labeled as such, is the only portion of this rather important drama academia seems to care about. And I suppose that is because it allows the "enlightened" to bash Christianity. Yet to focus on the Crusades while ignoring the intervening thirteen centuries of Islamic aggression, occupation, and plunder is like watching a documentary on the KKK in 1920 and then thinking you understand America.
Most Westerners do not know that a century before the Crusades were initiated, Rome, the religious capital of Europe, had been besieged by Islam. They do not equate the four-hundred-fifty-year siege of Constantinople, the political capital of Christendom, with the Catholic response. Nor are most aware that Christians had been ruthlessly persecuted in the Holy Land and their churches had been burned by the Muslims who occupied the region. Further, the Crusaders were about the business of returning Jerusalem to the Byzantines who had the Holy Land stolen from them by Muslim mujahideen.
The city itself wasn't large or important strategically, militarily, or economically. But it was symbolic because Christian pilgrims traveled there and Jews lived there. And even though Jerusalem was 1600 miles from Corsica, when we understand the conflict born out of Islam's desire to control it and the rest of the world, we'll better appreciate why these terrorists were continuing to lash out in frustration.
Yahweh's capital had essentially been ignored for centuries after the 135 CE diaspora of the Jews following the uprising led by Rabbi Akiba and his false Messiah Bar Kochba. In that pagan Rome destroyed most everything in Judea and salted the earth, not much happened in the Holy Land until the seventh century.
Persians stormed the lightly-populated region in 614 CE, taking Jerusalem from the Byzantines. Byzantine Emperor Heraclius reclaimed the impoverished city in 630. Shortly thereafter, and within a decade of Muhammad's death, Islamic forces attacked the Byzantine Christians. Having had been weakened by their ongoing conflict with the Persians, the Christians were forced out of Judea by the Muslims.
Jerusalem was initially bypassed by the jihadists because they were more interested in looting Egypt. The city itself surrendered to a Muslim army in 638 CE. In order to demonstrate that their religion was superior to Judeo-Christianity, construction began almost immediately on the on the Doom of the Rock, placing it right in the middle of Yahweh's Temple Mount. Sophronicus, the patriarch of the city, burst into tears and wailed, "Truly this is the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the Prophet!" While that was true, "Islam's third holiest sight" is also a testament to the fact that Islam is a complete fraud.
After capturing Jerusalem, the Muslim raiding parties poured through the eastern and southern provinces of the Byzantine Empire. In the 640s Christian Armenia in the north and Egypt in the south, which was also Christian at the time, fell to Islamic swords. In 655 CE, the Muslims very nearly captured the Byzantine emperor.
By 711 Muslims had conquered and were now occupying all of northern Africa. It was then that a Muslim commander named Tariq set foot on European soil - on a rock that took his name. Jebel al-Tariq was corrupted into Gibraltar. In 712 CE, Muslim armies penetrated deep into Catholic Spain. At the battle of Toledo that year, they defeated the Spanish and killed their king. Surviving Christians retreated into the mountains in the northwestern part of the country. In that the refugees escaped with their lives and not their possessions, the plundering Islamic barbarians bypassed them and began raiding across the Pyrenees into France.
Meanwhile, in the East, Muslims continued to attack the Byzantine Empire. In 717 they had a significant foothold southeastern Europe and controlled the Balkans. With the Christian's surrounded, the Muslims continued their siege on the Byzantine capital, Constantinople - named after the founder of the Catholic religion. Had they taken the city at that time, they might have conquered the entire continent, but the Byzantines held out. The Christian capital would not fall to Islam until 1453. And it would be 200 years after the occupation of Istanbul that Islamic expansion would be finally halted with the unsuccessful Muslim sieges of Vienna in 1529 and again in 1683. Western resistance, that had been galvanized by Islam's one-thousand-year crusade against them, finally forced the Muslims to retreat from lands they had stolen and occupied in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
The first meaningful success in that resistance occurred when Western European Christians stopped the Muslim advance into their territory in 732 (100 years after Muhammad's death) at the Battle of Tours (or Poitiers), France. Charles of Heristal, Charlemagne's grandfather, led a Frankish army against a large Muslim raiding party and defeated them. Though Muslim militants would continue attacking French communities for decades, their conquest of France was halted. For his victory, Charles of Heristal became known as the Hammer, or in French, Charles Martel.
After regrouping, Muslim forces began to move into south-central Europe, launching invasions of Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica in 827 CE. They attacked the Italian mainland as well. In 846 Muslim raiders assaulted the outlying areas of Rome, the capital of Roman Catholicism. This aggressive act was comparable to Christians sacking Mecca, something they have never done.
Toward the end of the ninth century, Muslim pirate havens were established along the coast of southern France, Italy, and northern Africa. These Islamic raiders threatened commerce, communication, and pilgrim traffic for many centuries. In fact, the first militant attack perpetrated against the United States of America was by Muslim pirates off the coast of Tripoli, vexing Thomas Jefferson who was at the time Secretary of State.
During the tenth century, the brutal tide finally began to turn - albeit slowly. In the East in the 950s and 960s, the Byzantines mounted a series of counterattacks. They eventually recovered the islands of Crete and Cyprus from the Muslims and substantial territory in Asia Minor and northern Syria, including Antioch. They lacked the strength to retake Jerusalem, however, though they might have struggled harder had they known what terrors the city would soon face.
In 1000 CE, much, if not most, of the population of the Holy Land was still Christian, but this was about to change. A Muslim ruler named Hakim persecuted Christians and Jews, terrorizing them. He made it an Islamic duty to steal their homes, land, and possessions. In 1009 he ordered the burning of the rebuilt Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem as well as the destruction of every remaining synagogue, church, temple, or shine.. The Christian population of the Holy Land began to shrink dramatically under his tyrannical and oppressive rule.
The Byzantines, distressed by the damage to their second most revered religious site, negotiated with the Muslims and in 1038 were allowed to begin rebuilding. But there were not enough Christians left in Judea to complete the work. And it didn't matter anyway. The next Muslim ruler destroyed what had been repaired.
At the same time, the Seljuk Turks rose from the steppes of central Asia. In 1055, the barbarian hoard captured Baghdad, sacking the Muslim capital, but not the Islamic religion. Recognizing the inspiration Islam provided to those who plundered and raped, pillaged and killed, the Seljuk Turks converted to Islam. Repressive and ruthless Arab Muslims were thus replaced by an even more foul breed of terrorist.
In 1071, Byzantine Emperor Romanus Diogenes confronted a Turkish Muslim Seljuk invasion into the far eastern provinces of his empire. The two armies met at the village of Manzikert, near Lake Van. The Christians were completely wiped out by the Muslims. As a result, the Byzantines lost all the territory that they had recovered in the ninth and tenth centuries, including the entirety of Asia Minor, the breadbasket of the empire.
Succeeding Byzantine emperors sent frantic calls to the West for aid, hoping that the popes and other potentates would help them fight the onslaught of Islam before all was lost. Pope Gregory VII received these appeals first, and in 1074 he discussed leading a relief expedition to Byzantium himself. But, with the church divided and lacking the means, he did nothing. Then with the clock about to strike midnight, the Byzantines appeal found an audience with Pope Urban II.
Let's pause a moment and reflect. During the first 3,100 years of recorded history, from 2,500 BCE to 600 CE, there isn't a single written record to be found anywhere in the world that depicts Arabs leaving Arabia to terrorize, conquer, plunder, or control anyone. Then, starting in 622 CE Muhammad announced the beginning of the Islamic Era. At its inception, according to the earliest Islamic sources, he and the first Muslims: "Pledged to wage war on all mankind." In Islam's first decade, Allah's lone voice and the religion's singular prophet, personally led 75 terrorist raids - the last of which was against the Byzantines. Allah's Messenger aggressively attacked, terrorized, plundered, rapped, enslaved, beguiled or murdered everyone within his reach.
Upon his death in 632, there was a fight for power between Abu Bakr, Muhammad's father-in-law (the man who provided the 50-year-old sexual pervert with his 9-year-old daughter) and Ali, Muhammad's adopted son and son-in-law. Bakr won, creating the Sunni-Shia rift. After confiscating Muhammad's stolen treasury, Islam's first Caliph started the War of Compulsion, forcing every Arab to surrender to Islam - the religion of Submission. Over the course of the next ten years, these once peaceful, self-sustaining people, now corrupted by Islam, became the world's most ruthless and covetous barbarians. They savaged everything in their wake, beginning with Yemen, Persia, the Byzantine province of Syria, today's Jordan, Israel, and Egypt.
Then over the course of the next 90 years the sword of Islam was wielded over the heads of Indians, Africans, and Europeans. And that is not the end of the story. Today, with OPEC funding, the rebirth of fundamentalist Islam is once again terrorizing the world. Muslims following Muhammad's example commit 95% of the planet's terrorist acts. So I ask you, what corrupted these people and made them so covetous and violent if not Islam? And since that question was rhetorical, why do politicians and the media apologize for and accommodate a dogma that is this deadly?
History confirms with great clarity that Muslims, beginning with Muhammad, launched their conquest of Christendom one-thousand years before the Europeans responded rather feebly with their Crusades. Yet today, Muslim propagandists want the world to believe that the West stole Islamic lands and that Christians alone are imperialistic. This mindset is used to fool fools into believing that Muslims fight Christians because Christians have fought Muslims. Those who deceive don't want you to know that Christians were victims, not villains in this affair or that Islam alone is why Muslims kill.
And yet, despite all of the evidence to the contrary, Islam is presented as innocent and passive. The religion is seldom if ever held accountable for the terrorism it inspires. Even when so-called experts discuss terror in the context of the religion they universally apply the qualifier "radical" to Islam, suggesting that a corrupted form of the doctrine is to blame for its carnage when the opposite is true. But to have access to the media and to sell books one must be willing to lie. This suicidal pathology born out of Socialist Secular Humanism and its campaign against Christian values.
While I wrote extensively on the Crusades, condemning them in the context of Yahshua's prophetic Revelation letters in Yada Yahweh, they are but a pimple on a camel's behind when compared to the onslaught of the Islamic war machine that began ravaging the world in 622 CE - and never stopping. In Muhammad's last terrorist campaign, after pummeling every Jew within his reach and plundering every Arab worth robbing, Allah's Messenger assembled 30,000 mujahideen jihadists to attack the Byzantine civilian community of Tabuk. That assault, along with the conquest of Mecca, is described in the Qur'an's final surahs, the 9th and 5th. They define Islam - labeling any Muslim who does not fight "a hypocrite, worthy of death." These surahs also introduce the Jizyah tax, which the Qur'an says non-Muslims must pay in abject humility - or lose their lives. Islam's message was simple and direct: convert to Islam, pay the debilitating "protection" tax, or die.
In this context, Muhammad led 75 terrorist raids to finance his new religion. It is why the Qur'an's 8th surah opens with the line: "Booty is lawful and good." It became the mantra of the Islamic crusades - the reason behind the 1000 year assault. Stolen property and the slave trade enabled the first Muslims to acquire more weapons and to bribe more men into joining their ruthless religion. Nothing has changed. But an empire built on brutality turns on itself if the barbarians are not constantly given an enemy to hate and victims to plunder.
We have found the answers we were searching for, yet there is still more to learn. If you enjoy voyages of discovery, you'll find a more complete review of this history right after the Introduction to the Islamic Terrorism Timeline under "Islam's 1000-Year Crusade.".
- May 20, 1980: In Italy, Mohammed Fouad Buohjar, a Libyan-born businessman in Rome, was stabbed and choked to death in his hotel room. His killers left a note signed: "Libyan Revolutionary Committees in Rome," warning "the enemies of the people will be reached wherever they are.".
- May 21, 1980: Abu Bakr, a recent Muslim immigrant to Greece, was killed in his apartment in Haidari. A former Libyan Army officer, turned factory employee, he was an opponent of the Qadhafi Marxist Muslim regime because he viewed it as "inhuman and oppressive." His killers painted a slogan in Arabic on the wall of his room which read: "The Revolution Will Live Forever. Death and no mercy to imperialists." Similar statements were been found by police on the walls of rooms where other Libyans had been killed in Rome.
- May 21, 1980: A Libyan restaurant owner in Rome escaped an attempt on his life. Salem Mohammed Fezzani, a naturalized Italian citizen, was shot at by another Libyan, Monsur Mezaroni Belgozem, who dined in the restaurant with two other Libyans. Three shots missed and the assailant was captured by police while trying to flee. Under police questioning, Belgazem said he was "sent by the people to kill Fezzani." Libyan citizens have been killed recently in Britain, West Germany, and Greece.
- May 26, 1980: In San Pedro, California, a store and restaurant owned by two Yugoslav Americans were bombed by the Croatian Freedom Fighters. America sided with these Croat terrorists when NATO bombed the Serbian Christians in during Bill Clinton's Monica-gate war.
- May 31, 1980: A Spanish fishing boat was seized and sunk by the Islamic Algerian Polisario Front. The crew members were kidnapped and held for ransom.
- June 1, 1980: A bomb exploded in the London offices of the Kuwait Oil Company.
- June 1, 1980: In Belgium, a bomb was thrown from a car as it passed the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Brussels.
- June 1, 1980: The Turkish-Iraqi oil pipeline near the Kayri village was bombed by Kurdish militants who, when captured in early 1982 claimed that they been sent by the Kurdish National Unity Party leader Jalal Talabani in Syria. The pipeline carried Iraqi oil from Kirkuk to the Turkish port of Iskenderun.
- June 3, 1980: In Yemen, an Iraqi professor who was teaching at Aden University, was murdered in his home. The Aden News Agency reported that two Iraqis were seen leaving the scene in a car with diplomatic plates. They took refuge in the Iraqi Embassy. Troops and tanks surrounded the embassy the next day and threatened to storm the building unless the suspects were handed over. Two days later the building was invaded and five Iraqis were taken into custody.
- June 4, 1980: The Portuguese trawler Rio Vouga was boarded off the coast of Western Sahara by Polisario Front pirates who kidnapped the crew.
The Polisario Front was committed to the liberation of the Saharawi people and to the independence of their territory. The former Spanish colony of Western Sahara was currently occupied by Morocco. Spain abandoned its colonial ambitions in the territory in 1975 and divided the area between Morocco and Mauritania.
The Polisario Front began using hit-and-run attacks on Spanish settlements and military installations. From refugee camps in Algeria, the Polisario Front declared a government-in-exile of the Saharan Arab Democratic Republic. The phantom state was diplomatically recognized by over 60 nations.
Polisario attacked both Moroccan and Mauritanian targets following the Spanish departure including military installations, iron-ore mining operations, and the Mauritanian capital of Nouakchott. While Mauritania signed a peace treaty with the Polisario Front in 1979, this was quickly nullified when Morocco annexed the Mauritanian portion of Western Sahara.
From that time on, Polisario's attacks were focused on the Moroccan military. At the height of its strength in the 1980s, the Polisario Front consisted of approximately 15,000 militants. Financially supported by Islamic OPECing Libyan and Algerian governments, the Polisario Front's jihadists were well-trained, well-armed, and highly mobile. The Muslim mujahideen PF was so well equipped they perpetrated heavy casualties on the Moroccan military, resulting in large-scale losses of Moroccan armor.
Then when Algerian and Libyan OPEC funding was dried up, the Polisario Front signed a UN-sponsored peace treaty with the Moroccans in 1991. The accord called for a referendum that would allow the Saharawis to choose between independence or integration into Morocco. However, this treaty faltered when OPEC funding was restored.
In 2003, after intense negotiations, Polisario agreed to a new peace plan as put forth by former U.S. Secretary of State James Baker. The plan called for a five-year transitional period to be followed by a statewide referendum on independence or integration with Morocco. During this time Morocco would be responsible for Western Sahara's security and defense, and there would be autonomous local administration under an elected Western Sahara Authority. The Muslims loved the Baker Plan but it was not acceptable to the Moroccans.
As well as serving as Secretary General of the Polisario Front, Muhammad Abdelaziz currently serves as President of the government-in-exile of the Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic.
- June 4, 1980: A powerful bomb ripped through the Washington, D.C. home of a Yugoslav diplomat. In a letter mailed to the Washington Post, the neo-Nazi, Muslim-allied, Ustashi terrorists, under the moniker Croatian Freedom Fighters, claimed "full responsibility." They said the bombing was a sign of protest against the Yugoslav government and its treatment of the Croatian movement's supporters.
Croatian terrorists had been active for a decade in a series of assassination attempts. At least 50 people were murdered in various acts of terrorism instigated by Croatians or their Fascist supporters.
- June 4, 1980: An explosion rocked the Statue of Liberty in New York harbor. The plaque bearing the famous "Give me your tired, your poor..." was buried in rubble. While several groups claimed credit, the police and FBI fingered the Croatian Freedom Fighters. Two letters were received from the group accepting responsibility and calling for "the world to notice the demands, rights, and situation of the Croatian people.".
Their situation was they had allied themselves with the Nazis and Muslims in WWII and had slaughtered 850,000 Christian Serbs and Jews in the most horrible way. And now these were neo-Nazi terrorists, still in league with Muslims, were terrorizing people around the world.
- June 4, 1980: The Iranian embassy in Kuwait was damaged by a rocket-propelled grenade.
- June 4, 1980: Two Arabic-speaking Islamic gunmen walked into the Iraqi Embassy in Rome, pulled their weapons and ordered an embassy staffer to summon Iraqi consular officials. As he did, one of the gunmen began shooting. His partner then lost control, shooting and killing the staffer.
The terrorists shouted "Viva Khomeini," suggesting that they were religious Shia Muslims as they fired. In their haste, they left a leather suitcase containing a time bomb. Fortunately it was deactivated three minutes before it was set to go off.
Both jihadists were Iraqi Shi'ites. Their terrorist group, called Iraq's Mujahideen, telephoned Lebanon's news organizations to say that Shia Islam was responsible for the attack.
- June 4, 1980: A Libyan was shot and killed in Milan's Central Railroad Station by an Islamic assassin working for the OPEC dictator, Qadhafi. A Libyan deadline for dissidents to return home with all of their money had expired. This was the ninth murder of a Libyan in Europe and the fifth in Italy in two months. Qadhafi reiterated that he could not guarantee the safety of Libyan opponents of his regime who remained abroad.
- June 12, 1980: In Guatemala, the president of Sindal, a Nestle subsidiary, was kidnapped by members of the Rebel Armed Forces, an armed Communist organization. Nestle's offices in Mexico said: "no negotiations would be conducted with the "subversive organization for the release of company officials." However, on June 26, Nestle and FAR were negotiating. For the release of Lima, FAR demanded the publication in Guatemala and abroad of a FAR manifesto and the payment of a "war tax which will help promote the revolutionary struggle." In early September, Lima was released, after three months of captivity. Guatemalan newspapers reported that the Swiss company paid a $4.7 million ransom. In addition to the "tax," Nestle agreed to distribute one million cans of powdered milk among children in rural areas of Guatemala, and to publish the FAR manifesto in Bonn, Paris, and London.
- June 14, 1980: In Libya, a mob of Muslims attacked and set fire to the British Embassy while the staff was inside. The assault which was promoted by Qadhafi, was provoked by the expulsion of Libya's Chief of Mission from England on suspicion of terrorism.
- June 14, 1980: An Egyptian scientist was assassinated in his room at the Meridian Hotel in Paris. El Meshad was a nuclear scientist who worked for the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission. Egyptian-born, trained by the Soviet Union, he was on loan to Iraq. He was considered to be the key technical liaison with France for installation and operation of the Osiris research reactor.
Two days before his death, he had completed an educational session at the French Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique, which included training in thermonuclear fusion. Saboteurs had blown up the reactors' internal components in April 1979, just prior to their delivery. On July 12th, the only witness to the murder of El Meshad was killed, when the intoxicated woman got into a quarrel with a man driving a car in Paris. He slapped her; she fell to the ground and was hit and killed instantly by a passing car.
- June 14, 1980: In Israel, an IDF navy patrol intercepted a terrorist boat south of Rosh Hanikra. The vessel was sunk and the three terrorists were killed.
- June 19, 1980: Three terrorists took over the British Embassy in Baghdad on the eve of Iraq's first parliamentary election in 22 years. All three were killed an hour later in a shootout with Iraqi security forces.
An anonymous caller claimed that the attack had been made on behalf of the Shia Al Dawa party in Iraq. They were the parent of Iraq's dominant political party today - the Shi'ite Islamic Revolution in Iraq. A newspaper quoted the caller as saying only that the attack was mounted to "liquidate a group of British experts sent to help the Iraqi regime suppress the uprising of the Iraqi masses in southern Iraq." Shi'ite outnumber Sunni Muslims in Iraq by two to one and are even more pervasive in the south. The government of President Saddam Hussein, protecting its Sunni alliances, outlawed Al Dawa earlier in the year, charging the party with attempts to overthrow the government through bombings, assassinations and sabotage.
- July 24, 1980: A Kuwaiti Airways 737 from Beirut to Kuwait City was hijacked and flown to various Islamic sites.
- August 27, 1980: The U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon was attacked by jihadists.
- September 2, 1980: King Hussein of Jordon declared his support of Iraq in the in what would become a Secular Sunni vs. Fundamentalist Shi'ite war. Although he chose a different side, Jordan's loyalty, like Syria's, was the result of a bribe. What's interesting about this is that the secular dictator, Saddam Hussein of Iraq, endeared himself with the Iraqi people by his support of the Palestinian cause and his strong hatred of Israel. But now, Iraq's new ally is at war with the Palestinians. .
- September 17, 1980: Iraq broke its treaties with Iran and proclaimed sovereignty over the Shatt al-Arab waterway.
- September 23, 1980: Iraq invaded Iran. The competing secular and sectarian regimes bombed one another's petroleum facilities. Sadly, the U.S. failed to capitalize on this period in which two of OPEC's gang of 8 were at war. .
- October 13, 1980: A Turkish Boeing 727 from Istanbul to Ankara was hijacked to Teheran, Iran. The pilot, however, landed in Diyarbakir, Turkey where the plane was stormed by government troops.
These four armed Shia terrorists put the lives of 155 passengers at risk. Smarter than the Muslims, the pilot insisted he had to refuel and that could not fly to Iran because it had been designated as a war zone. During their attack, the hijackers announced: "The plane is now under the control of the Sharia (Islamic Law)." Not exactly. The laws of physics, and Bernoulli's Principles, were still in play.
Deluded by the delusional religion of Islam, the Shia Muslims forced the women on board to cover their heads in Islamic fashion. When the plane landed in Diyarbakir, the jihadists released 40 passengers and the jet was surrounded by Turkish troops. The hijackers set a deadline and demanded to be flown to Saudi Arabia or they would blow up the plane. The Turkish authorities refused to grant any demands and the deadline passed without incident. Allah must have been busy assisting some other duped souls.
At dawn, while the Muslims were mooning their god, Turkish commandos cut a hole in the back of the plane and entered the aircraft in a hail of gunfire. Their military release stated that all passengers were rescued and all four terrorists were wounded and captured. Six passengers and one flight attendant were also shot. The passengers said they believed one hostage was killed.
This attack was perpetrated by AMAL, a Shi'ite terrorist association formed by Islamic Imam Musa Sadr in 1975. Despite the founder's Iranian heritage, AMAL was conceived to increase the influence of Lebanon's Shi'ite Muslim population through the application of terror. In addition, the group was interested in establishing a theocratic Islamic state in place of Moamar Qadhafi's Sunni-leaning Marxist Muslim government.
Musa Sadr was born in Qum, Iran. He moved to Lebanon in 1960 when he took a religious position in the town of Tyre. As part of his clerical duties, Imam Musa Sadr formed AMAL as the terrorist wing of his Movement of the Deprived. AMAL would go on murder scores of religious rivals using the tactic of terrorism. The more they killed, the more popular Amal grew, with an ever increasing number of Lebanese Shi'ites joining in to attack Sunnis. Amal's popularity soared following Israel's entry into Lebanon in 1978, when the Jewish nation had come to destroy the PLO's Lebanese base of operations.
With an Islamic clerical regime empowered in Iran, from 1979 to 1982, the Shi'a terrorist group received substantial financial assistance from the OPECing mullahs. But AMAL's time of basking in the crude would be short lived because in 1982, the Iranian theocracy founded their own terrorist club, Hizballah (Hezbollah) - Allah's Party. Without Iran's OPEC financial backing "Hope" withered away. By the time Syria picked up the slack in 1985, there was very little left of Imam Sadr's terrorist club.